Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy tests?!!

(19 Posts)
Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:15:32

Hi everyone,
Just wondering how early people start to POAS?! I'm due my period in 3 days and I'm starting to get a little impatient but I also don't want to be let down if I test too early xx

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 21:31:49

Well I DTD 7 days ago and have poas the past 2 days in a row lol but only because I do a contact sport and don't want to risk it. I know it's too early really but it makes me really better somehow. Good luck BTW

Bimbum Thu 28-Jul-16 21:34:30

Feel better*

drinkyourmilk Thu 28-Jul-16 21:35:56

Two days before af due.

emsyj Thu 28-Jul-16 21:37:02

I got a strong positive on a cheap pink dye Home Bargains test 10 days after sex (no idea when I ovulated, I wasn't tracking - and no idea when my period was due either as had just had the coil out). If you're going to get addicted to POAS then buy lots of cheap tests! The pink dye ones I believe will show you an earlier positive than the blue ones - think I read that on here so dunno how true it is, but Home Bargains do a pack of 2 pink dye tests that seem pretty sensitive for early testing for less than £1.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:49:39

So if I ovulated 11 days ago, should I get an accurate result by now?! I might test in the morning xx

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:51:00

Oh and congratulations on your positive by the way! Brill news xxx

emsyj Thu 28-Jul-16 21:51:47

I think it varies, because there can be a delay between you having the conception sex and the conception and implantation actually happening. With my second baby, I had a negative test 13 days after sex and then a positive the day after, but this time I had a strong positive 10 days after - so if you test tomorrow and get a negative it isn't necessarily game over, but you might get a positive now.

AddictedtoGreys Thu 28-Jul-16 21:53:43

Got positives 2 days before AF was due on both my DC

AliceScarlett Thu 28-Jul-16 21:58:20

Implantation can take ten day's, it's best to wait until your period is due. Hard though.

emsyj Thu 28-Jul-16 22:01:03

I'm 19 weeks now so it feels like forever since my BFP!

Good luck with your test tomorrow, don't be disheartened if it's not positive just yet.

ahsan Thu 28-Jul-16 22:06:43

I tested at DPO 12 and it was positive but I get the posh tests grin

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:16:48

I feel like I feel 'different' this month; just with the constant stomach cramps since Sunday and headaches etc.! I have in my head that if these are actually symptoms then surely a test would be positive by now xx

emsyj Thu 28-Jul-16 22:17:52

I only used my fancy Clearblue Digitals once I had a positive on a cheap one. Way too pricy to waste! grin I did once buy a First Response for an eye-watering £8.99 for a single test because I was so convinced I was pregnant and I couldn't resist, but it was negative and I was furious at myself having wasted so much £££.

Whatsername17 Sat 30-Jul-16 08:17:14

It all depends on when you ovulated. I ovulated early with this pregnancy- proved by 3 scans that all put me a week ahead of my dates. I would have got a positive result when I thought I was 7dpo. I didn't test until the day my period was due, with a digital, and got 'Pregnant 2-3 weeks'. With my daughter and the baby I lost I got very faint lines on frer at 12dpo and then a 'Pregnant 1-2' on the day of my missed period. I ovulated two weeks before my period with dd and the baby I lost but a week earlier with this baby. My big recommendation is not to test early. After I lost my 2nd at 13 weeks in went on to have a chemical pregnancy. I got faint positives on the dye tests that faded out and then I got my period. Going from the high of 'I'm pregnant' to the low of 'I've lost another one' was hideous. Id wait until the day your af is due and use a digital.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 30-Jul-16 20:13:14

AF arrived for me yesterday sad ! So I'm going to hop on to the August bus. Fingers crossed for those of you in your 2WW, I hope you get your BFP very soon xxx

emsyj Sat 30-Jul-16 20:39:34

Sorry to hear that OP. All the best for next month. flowers

Shemozzle Sat 30-Jul-16 20:41:57

I got a faint positive at 9dpo with one pregnancy and 8dpo with the next. You are doing amazing to wait so long! It needs to be an early response of you so test though. A FRER is best.

Tinklypoo Sat 30-Jul-16 20:43:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now