Talk

Advanced search

Looking for positive stories about short luteal phases please!

(7 Posts)
MmmMalbec Wed 27-Jul-16 09:06:03

Since having DS my luteal phase seems on average 10 days. I've read mixed reviews about whether or not this is long enough to conceive. Can anyone give me any positive stories about conception with a short luteal phase please? Just to try and keep my hopes up whilst I'm trying grin

mamapants Wed 27-Jul-16 09:09:55

I think there are vitamins and supplements you can use to increase the length. I can't remember what they are (agnus canthus is one maybe) I read about them on the conception while breastfeeding threads.
I'm terms of positive stories, I have a long cycle and seem to have only an 8 day luteal phase, conceived first month with dd1 and second month with dd2.

MmmMalbec Wed 27-Jul-16 09:13:34

Oh thanks so much for the story that's great to hear!

I have read about Angus castus but I'm a bit reluctant to try anything just yet, because I have read some stories about it making things worse for some people!

Stegolego Wed 27-Jul-16 13:05:53

10 days is considered fine by most docs. Indeed, some question whether the length of the luteal phase is relevant at all. FWIW I have a LP of 9-11 days and have got pregnant easily 4 times.

MmmMalbec Wed 27-Jul-16 14:23:29

Thanks Stego, my Dr also didn't think it was a problem at all. Thanks for your positive story too grin

jellypi3 Thu 28-Jul-16 18:01:14

I had a 7 day LP. Started taking vitamin b complex and got pregnant the second month of taking it (LP went up to 11 days). DD is now 6 months old smile good luck. Cant recommend b complex enough.

MmmMalbec Thu 28-Jul-16 19:12:03

Thanks. I've heard a lot about b6 helping to extend a luteal phase. I tried conception vitamins and both months I was on them I ovulated really late and one month I bled all month so I'm a bit nervous about trying any more vitamins. Congratulations on your DD 😄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now