Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor - Worth It?

(7 Posts)
blossombottom Tue 26-Jul-16 17:07:09

I've previously used internet cheapies (and have been successful) but after a MMC I feel I may drive myself crazy squinting at lines and doing three sticks a day!!

Any opinions on CBFM? Worth the money?

Daisy111 Tue 26-Jul-16 17:50:44

I've been wondering the same thing. I think you can't put a price on sanity! I've decided if AF arrives this month, I'm going to get one. I think you can get them secondhand on eBay, which is obviously a bit cheaper.

blossombottom Tue 26-Jul-16 18:09:08

It's the cost of the sticks that can mount up I think - I've seen some good deals on eBay and on Amazon.

Hmmm...

Daisy111 Tue 26-Jul-16 18:29:34

That's true. But I think worth it if it helps, and makes you feel more in control. I am being super impatient, as an only on cycle 2 of TTC, but I've never been good at waiting! How about you?

blossombottom Tue 26-Jul-16 18:49:08

Yep, it'll force me to be more controlled about testing too. Only being able to test on certain days at certain times sounds good! The cheapie sticks can be difficult to decipher and I think I may lose the plot collecting them and lining them up like some crazy lady!

I'm back to cycle 1 after a missed miscarriage last month. Hence the slightly military approach to getting pregnant again! We have a 17 month old so I'm also reminding myself that there's still lots of time to produce a sibling with a nice age gap. But... I just worry it'll take ages this time!

Are you TTC your first?

Daisy111 Tue 26-Jul-16 19:01:03

Sorry to hear about your MMC. Makes sense to make sure you're making the most of every month, and with taking BBT, using the OPKs and everything else you can monitor, it's a bit overwhelming!

Yes, we are TTC our first. I totally agree about becoming a crazy lady - I'm not there yet, but can see myself going down that road if it doesn't happen quite quickly!

blossombottom Tue 26-Jul-16 19:39:54

Thanks. It was tough but it happens...

The alternative to all the monitoring is to just do it every other day from CD8 or something. I say 'just' but obvs that's quite a commitment. But if all this monitoring is out of fear of missing the fertile window, I wonder whether just doing a lot of shagging might be easier / less stressful?!

Maybe I'll try that approach this month and see where that gets us!

Have you heard about the sperm meets egg plan? If not, Google it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now