Talk

Advanced search

2 day period - normal menstrual or implantation bleeding?

(5 Posts)
user1467376719 Tue 26-Jul-16 14:54:50

I am 39 and we decided to join the bandwagon and have a baby (yes rather late). I am not using ovulation kits etc. Just did a random calculation based on my 30 day average cycle. We had unprotected sex on the day of ovulation (July 7th).
My period due date was 21st July.
I normally start spotting 3 days ahead of my actual period (which would have been around 19th) and my breasts are tender and hurt. This time, there was no spotting and I started bleeding on 22nd July and had bad stomach cramps. Bleeding lasted for 2 days (it is normally 3-4 days). Now I am confused if this is implantation bleeding or a regular period. Should I even bother taking a home pregnancy test?
Any advice?

outputgap Tue 26-Jul-16 14:59:17

Piss on a stick!

It's the only way...

Allium40 Tue 26-Jul-16 22:21:57

Did it resemble a normal period in terms of colour and flow?

AmyC86 Wed 27-Jul-16 00:42:01

Get a first response test, please let us know the results!!!

user1467376719 Wed 27-Jul-16 01:03:02

I am beginning to convince myself that it was my period because from all the online reading, it should be brown - pink and non a continuous flow. Mine felt a bit 'different' is perhaps what I should say now... Maybe my anxiety is making me over analyse things (?). I don't have any nausea, cravings etc.
I guess like some of you suggested, I probably should do the test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now