Corpus luteum cyst and very early painful AF

(13 Posts)
Dizzybintess Sun 24-Jul-16 11:49:06

Hi there we are Ttc a second child. I went for a fertility consultation a week and a half ago and they confirmed I had just ovulated and they could see quite a large corpus luteum cyst.
On Friday I very suddenly started bleeding it was pale pink and 4 days early. (I'm normally bang on with my dates) this is still going on now and is a little darker but does not seem like a normal period. I'm in a dreadful amount of pain. I normally have period pains on the first day of my period but this has lasted 3 days now and is a very heavy dull throb that's constantly there. Has anyone else had this

lightcola Sun 24-Jul-16 11:53:25

I would go see your GP. I had a burst CL cyst and it was agony.

Dizzybintess Sun 24-Jul-16 12:32:42

The bleeding seems to have stopped today which can't be AF
What were your symptoms

lightcola Sun 24-Jul-16 13:47:25

A sharp sudden pain in my pelvis area. Then the area ballooned up and I couldn't stand straight. Tried to sleep it off thinking I was miscarrying as I was 4 weeks pregnant but the pain got worse and I couldn't move. Ended up in hospital for a couple of days. The pain eased but there was some internal bleeding for a few more days. Eventually after a couple of weeks my body healed it's self and I'm now fine. Still best to get checked out just in case.

Jodie1982 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:18:13

I had emergency surgery due to a ruptured CL cyst and severe internal bleeding, I was pregnant and unfortunately lost the baby due to the surgery. The pain was dreadful.
Definitely get to a&e if your still in pain.

Isittimeforwineyet Sun 24-Jul-16 18:36:03

I had this, and the cyst got so big it caused my ovary to twist in on itself, which in turn caused appendicitis. I thought I was in labour but actually had all of the above going on.

Please get yourself checked out!

Dizzybintess Sun 24-Jul-16 20:41:39

The bleeding has stopped completely and it's only lasted 2 days I am still feeling very uncomfortable in my abdomen but not in as much pain. I have a stinking headache and feel super sick.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 24-Jul-16 20:44:29

Could the scan have caused the bleeding? That's quite common I think?

Dizzybintess Sun 24-Jul-16 20:46:02

I think I will go to see my GP in the morning

Dizzybintess Mon 25-Jul-16 10:24:01

In the Gps
Bleeding still has not resumed and still in a lot of discomfort

Dizzybintess Mon 25-Jul-16 10:24:32

The scan was last Wednesday

Jodie1982 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:06:34

I'd go to a&e really if I was you. A lot more tests will be done.

lightcola Wed 27-Jul-16 21:53:30

Any update?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now