Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue dual digital - what do the lines means?

(3 Posts)
Hurricane99 Sat 23-Jul-16 12:59:14

So, I know you're not actually supposed to interpret the lines on the stick after you eject it - but can you? Does anyone know what they mean?

It's the dual digital that looks at two hormones. Over the last 5 days I have had one line getting darker and one faint line. Not sure of these show oestrogen, LH or both? I have a flashing face atm.

Today the faint line disappeared. I'm worried I started testing a few days to late and this indicates I might have missed the LH surge?

I'm coming off the depo injection so trying to establish if I'm actually ovulating yet at all, so it's difficult. I've had lots of short periods, but last month was 26 days. I didn't start testing till day 10 though, I'm now on day 16.

Shall I just trust the smiley faces and keep testing? Or do the lines suggest I missed this month?

Hurricane99 Sat 23-Jul-16 13:03:12

Sorry, actually I'm on Day 14

Hurricane99 Mon 25-Jul-16 08:51:04

Oooh I got my static smiley face this morning! First time anything since coming off the injection suggested that I might actually be ovulating! Woo!

I'd still be interested in the answer to my question though.

Does anybody know what the two lines on the stick mean? Which hormone do they track? What colour do they turn for a positive? Or can you really not interpret them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now