Talk

Advanced search

Any type one diabetics TTC

(7 Posts)
Nutcaserugby Wed 20-Jul-16 22:19:34

Hello I am type one diabetic and I was wondering if there are any other type ones TTC? Be interested to see how you are all doing smile

Vanillaradio Sat 23-Jul-16 08:22:56

Hello, I have type 1 diabetes, a 2 year old and am on cycle 2 ttc no 2. How is it going?

Nutcaserugby Sat 23-Jul-16 20:15:48

Oh hello

I am doing ok thank you. I think a lot of the pregnancy symptoms are very common to how I feel some days ie tired, achy etc due to diabetes. How was you with your first pregnancy? How are your sugars? Mine have been ok but the last few weeks they have gone a bit mad. Thanks for replying it's lovely to hear off you. Fingers crossed you will have a BFP soon. My period is due tomorrow/Monday I tested today as had spotting earlier in the week and I have never had that before but it was negative. I am sure AF will arrive now but I will keep smiling.

Vanillaradio Sun 24-Jul-16 10:02:54

I am in fw at the moment so have fingers crossed. Hope you get a bfp, I didn't get one with ds until the day af due. My first pregnancy well it was hard work and there were ups and downs but didn't go too badly in the end with the sugars. They are not too bad at the mo after a really bad patch April and May, I think heat does affect them though.

Sansa5tark Sun 24-Jul-16 10:17:02

Hey! I'm new to this sight - I'm coming off cerazette on 14th August ttc #1 and have been type 1 for 25 years! A bit nervous about this next step tbh my clinic just changed me to levemir and my sugars have been all over the shop! Hoping things calm down so I can come off my pill and not worry!smile

Vanillaradio Sun 24-Jul-16 10:53:18

Hi Sansa have you thought about an insulin pump? For me it really made the difference in getting my sugars good enough to ttc ds and keeping then as stable as possible in pregnancy.

Nutcaserugby Sun 24-Jul-16 13:02:54

Hello Sansa

I am on levemier I wanted a pump but I haven't got one. I am on novo rapid and levemier. When my hba1c was 7 they told me I could ttc number one. My sugars have been a bit erratic but hopefully they are starting to settle now. It's nice to hear other type ones TTC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now