Talk

Advanced search

When to test??

(9 Posts)
user1468173727 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:02:35

Ok so I'm new to this...

Me and my fiance have being ttc since February, no luck as yet sad
Dtd 5 times within my window according to ovia

Af is due 26th July. The past few days I've been experiencing cramps and achne.

When is the best time for me to do a test?

danigrace Sun 17-Jul-16 10:06:21

The best time to do a test is with your first wee of the morning the day AF is due. Tests like first response let you test up to 5 days before that but their accuracy is a bit lower and you need to bear in mind early testing can sometimes show a chemical pregnancy that doesn't stick and you'll still get AF as normal which can be upsetting. Good luck to you, fingers crossed!

user1468173727 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:10:05

Thanks for the reply, it's the long wait what frustrates me sad I'm so impatient! I may have to invest in a first response test.

happybus28 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:25:49

Yes try and wait until AF is due if you can. Much higher chance of false negative if you do earlier although a couple of days before should be okay. Wouldn't do any earlier than that though! Try and DTD as much as poss all the way through your cycle not just when you think fertile week is. Only reason I mention is I OVd nearly a week later than my fertile window this month and could so easily have missed it!!

orangebird69 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:26:49

Another vote for waiting for AF due date

user1468173727 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:31:09

We usually Dtd 3 times a week on average. Is there any other tests people recommend other than first response? 9 long days until I can test then :/

PotteringAlong Sun 17-Jul-16 10:33:01

Test on the 28th July if your period hasn't shown up. Anything else is a complete waste of time, money and mental energy

Welshy11 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:35:30

In all honesty even if you tested over the next few days it could give you a false result. Implantation of the egg won't happen until about 6-10 days after fertilisation then it takes a few days for the hcg to build in the body. As the previous posters have said you are best to wait until AF date. Good luck xx

Montysaurus Sun 17-Jul-16 10:37:00

I agree with the others. You can waste money testing early and getting negative results, or getting a positive only to get your period as usual because it was never a viable pregnancy. The waiting is hard but saves a lot of angst.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now