Talk

Advanced search

Period after ERPC - need advice please

(10 Posts)
blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 14:12:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HighHopes16 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:07:44

Hi Blossom

Sorry to hear about your mc. flowers I had an ERPC 10 days ago and have had light bleeding/cramps ever since. When I called the EPU they advised it would take 4-6 weeks for my period to return and that the bleeding/pain could be caused by a little 'retained product.' They said if it became heavy and more painful I should return for a scan as I may need further treatment (which I'm presuming why you needed a second ERPC?)

Since its been 3 weeks since your first & they concluded your uterus was empty by the 2nd I wouldn't be surprised if this is your first AF.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 13-Jul-16 15:11:21

Sorry for your loss. flowers
I had a light period 2 weeks after my ERPC then got pregnant again so no idea if it was a bleed or a proper period.

blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 17:55:29

HighHopes16 Wed 13-Jul-16 19:37:57

It's so difficult not knowing what's going on though isn't ? I did a HCG pregnancy test on Monday (1 week after my erpc) and it showed a faint positive but the hospital said only to call them if it was positive after 3 weeks.
I just want to get on with ttc again!

blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 20:07:58

blossombottom Thu 14-Jul-16 15:17:32

blossombottom Thu 14-Jul-16 18:05:08

fuzzywuzzy Thu 14-Jul-16 18:14:05

Yep I had a period two weeks after ERPC, I had brown spotting from SMM for two and half weeks which then turned into full on bleeding. I felt like I had nappy rash by the end of it. I had two SMM's as first failed and had second two weeks later.

Think my body went back to semi normal after second SMM. Altho I didn't stop spotting till first period.

blossombottom Fri 15-Jul-16 08:52:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now