Talk

Advanced search

Period after ERPC - need advice please

(10 Posts)
blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 14:12:30

I had 2 ERPCs, the most recent 2 weeks ago today which concluded that my uterus was empty. I bled for maybe a day after the second ERPC and even wondered if I was ovulating last week but I am 90% sure that was impossible!

My HCG was 105 yesterday and 600 a week ago, and now I'm bleeding a little. It's a bit brown and dischargey but I feel crampy like the bleeding may start soon.

Did anyone get their period this soon?My first ERPC was just under 3 weeks ago.

Would so appreciate anyone else's experiences or knowledge!

HighHopes16 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:07:44

Hi Blossom

Sorry to hear about your mc. flowers I had an ERPC 10 days ago and have had light bleeding/cramps ever since. When I called the EPU they advised it would take 4-6 weeks for my period to return and that the bleeding/pain could be caused by a little 'retained product.' They said if it became heavy and more painful I should return for a scan as I may need further treatment (which I'm presuming why you needed a second ERPC?)

Since its been 3 weeks since your first & they concluded your uterus was empty by the 2nd I wouldn't be surprised if this is your first AF.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 13-Jul-16 15:11:21

Sorry for your loss. flowers
I had a light period 2 weeks after my ERPC then got pregnant again so no idea if it was a bleed or a proper period.

blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 17:55:29

Thank you so much highhopes and annoyedbyalfiebear! And I'm sorry you've had the misfortune too...

HH have you taken a HPT or had HCG monitored?

ABAB what was that first period like? And congrats on falling preggers so soon after - when was this? Any top tips apart from the obvious?!

I took a HPT just now and it's negative for the first time - maybe the faintest ghost of a line. So maybe this is a weird period? Could my HCG have fallen that much since yesterday when it was 105?

Also took an ovulation test and got a faint line. I know the HPT is twice as sensitive as the OPK, so I think I can assume this is picking up LH and not HCG.

Aghhh. Wish I could just not care about this but I need to know what's going on!!

HighHopes16 Wed 13-Jul-16 19:37:57

It's so difficult not knowing what's going on though isn't ? I did a HCG pregnancy test on Monday (1 week after my erpc) and it showed a faint positive but the hospital said only to call them if it was positive after 3 weeks.
I just want to get on with ttc again!

blossombottom Wed 13-Jul-16 20:07:58

My hospital said the same but because I had complications after the first op I made my GP monitor my HCG! I'm going to go back again next week and get it checked again. If you're curious or concerned, see if your GP will let you get your bloods monitored too?

I'll start doing OPKs soon and see if it looks like I'm moving towards ovulation. Like I said, I wish I could just go with the flow (sorry bad pun) but this experience is quite damaging in some ways...

blossombottom Thu 14-Jul-16 15:17:32

Ok... More weird pinky brown mucous today. Could this be fertile CM, tinged with old blood? I don't feel crampy like I do with a period.

HPT is negative today and OPK looks... Positive? What does anyone think? I'm 15 days post ERPC 2 / 21 days past my first ERPC which I guess would be counted as the start of the MC.

Any idea what's going on?? Would so appreciate any thoughts.

blossombottom Thu 14-Jul-16 18:05:08

Bump wink

fuzzywuzzy Thu 14-Jul-16 18:14:05

Yep I had a period two weeks after ERPC, I had brown spotting from SMM for two and half weeks which then turned into full on bleeding. I felt like I had nappy rash by the end of it. I had two SMM's as first failed and had second two weeks later.

Think my body went back to semi normal after second SMM. Altho I didn't stop spotting till first period.

blossombottom Fri 15-Jul-16 08:52:51

Thanks fuzzy - I had two SMMs as well but bleeding stopped straight after the second op. Then two days of random brownish CM this week, and nothing today. First SMM was 3 weeks ago today. I also had acupuncture the day before the CM - wonder if that had anything to do with it. OPKS look like they're getting stronger and HPT was totally negative this morning. Will keep doing OPKs as I want to know if / when I ovulate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now