Talk

Advanced search

Best pregnancy tests to buy?

(13 Posts)
SuePerkins Mon 11-Jul-16 14:39:14

Hello all, currently on the dreaded 2ww so jumping the gun a bit here but blush where is the best place to buy tests, which kind are the most reliable/sensitive? Don't really want to splash out too much on the expensive ones just yet.

user1467101855 Mon 11-Jul-16 14:41:45

They are all the same, its crazy that people spend 15 quid on a stick to piss on, when you can get three for a quid on eBay.
Or go the poundshop. They really are all the same.

MrsGsnow18 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:03:33

A lot of people on MN really rate superdrug's own tests. I have never used them as there is no superdrug close to me, although you can prob buy online.
I just buy them in bulk in Amazon, a few £ for 15 strip tests, you can get them on eBay too.
When you don't pay as much you don't mind testing a bit early/testing frequently- because even though I know it's pointless testing early, waiting is very difficult!

SuePerkins Mon 11-Jul-16 16:18:15

Great thank you smile

user1468173727 Thu 14-Jul-16 09:57:37

I think the first response are the most sensitive for early testing

hanflan Thu 14-Jul-16 10:25:22

Vote for superdrug own brand early result tests here. They are fab, and cheap! First Response used to be very good but they have changed and I've had a couple of bad indent lines on them recently!

Banana82 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:45:03

Superdrug early test. Used them with both pregnancies.

Banana82 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:47:00

Oh also, Lloyds Pharmacy do an early test (4 days before missed period) 10 mIU that are a few quid cheaper than the Superdrug ones. About £4.50 for 2 I think.

NeverGoOutOfStyle Thu 14-Jul-16 10:54:22

I found this list online and used it when I was deciding which ones I'd buy, in the past it was the Sainsbury's ones I'd bought the most because I live near one, and they're £3.50 for two of them! Although I did then go and spend £11 on digital tests, because I just couldn't believe it.

Here's the list.
One step High sensitivity - 10 mIU
Superdrug - 10 mIU
First Response Early Response - 12.5 mIU
Sainsbury's own - 15 mIU
Tesco own - 25mIU
Asda cheapies - 25mIU (Comments later down now seem to say these are 15 mIU)
Boots own brand - 50 mIU
Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU (CBD with conception indicator is 25mIU)
(http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/am-i-pregnant/208279-pregnancy-test-sensitivity-list.html)

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 14-Jul-16 10:55:15

Superdrug early. I have photographic evidence if needed that using the same urine sample the superdrug early tests had a clear line days before a frer and many many days before the cheap test strips from Amazon/Ebay

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 14-Jul-16 10:56:18

Whilst the one step ones quote 10miu sensitivity they are absolutely not this sensitive anymore. A couple of years ago they were more sensitive than anything else I could buy but now they are less sensitive than a digital

Princesspinkgirl Thu 14-Jul-16 23:44:35

I used a cheap midstream test from the corner shop so prob 2.99 I got a strong positive right away it really isent how expensive the test is they all detect hcg you either have it or you don't

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 15-Jul-16 06:20:14

When were you testing though? Tests do detect different levels of hcg so if early testing some will show lines earlier than others. It's not relevant to price though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now