Talk

Advanced search

Mittelschmerz after miscarriage?

(16 Posts)
blossombottom Fri 08-Jul-16 13:29:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StillCounting123 Sat 09-Jul-16 08:05:39

Sounds like it!

What makes you think you can't be ovulating?

If 24/6 was start of miscarriage, then you're a good fortnight after it, which means you're mid-cycle and that's prime ovulation time.

I had a miscarriage which began on 11/6. Currently waiting on my 'normal' period to come back so I can know for sure my body has reset itself.

Sometimes ovulation and periods can take a month or so to resume, but you seem to be ovulating. star

blossombottom Sat 09-Jul-16 09:29:26

Lilly948204 Sat 09-Jul-16 09:46:12

As far as I know ovulation tests pick up HCG as well and give a false positive. I started my miscarriage last week and am still spotting now, getting positive pregnancy tests but also did an ovulation test yesterday to compare and that also came back positive which I think would be way too early as I had medical management 10 days ago.

I am keen to TTC again ASAP, however I'm a little worried about getting the negative pregnancy test first, which everyone has told me is so important. My pregnancy test are still coming back strong.

OhTheRoses Sat 09-Jul-16 09:52:03

Yes you can ovulate. I had a DS2 many years ago, one period 28 days after, pg, early miscarriage, no signs anything was getting back to normal. DD was born 51 weeks after DS2, and was almost two weeks late. Nature is a very strange thing.

Look after yourself, miscarriage is very very stressful and upsetting flowers

blossombottom Sat 09-Jul-16 10:36:46

StillCounting123 Sat 09-Jul-16 14:52:31

Sending wine or brew to anyone who's had a miscarriage. Awful awful thing to happen to us all.

OP, I've no idea about ovulation kits, sorry! Looks like you've had some good advice from others though.

I have a 6 year old, and a 4 year old. This was my first (and hopefully last) miscarriage. I'm not fully TTC, but just going with the flow and seeing what happens. Trying not to get sucked into the mad world that I know TTC can be; the miscarriage has shaken me emotionally as well as physically and I think I'm scared deep down of the crushing disappointment I'll feel if it doesn't happen.... Hope that makes sense!

As I said upthread, miscarriage was only on 11/6, so I'm still waiting on period returning to normal to see what my body is doing!

OhTheRoses Sat 09-Jul-16 15:38:17

DD was conceived after the early miscarriage, I bled and had a yucky discharge (tmi) for weeks after. Saw a gynaecologist who co firmed there had probably been an infection and took swabs and advised probably best to have a few normal cycles before ttc. I was pretty desperate as ds2 was born at 27 weeks and died, hence the need to be pg again. DH and I had a row between apts and made up. I was pg at the follow up apt when the Dr confirmed there had indeed been an infection. So baby, cycle pg, early miscarriage - didn't settle back, pg again before next normal period. It was a roller coaster but eventually I got two lovely children and can't imagine what life would have been like if different pgs had worked out and I'd have got different ones iyswim.

You are all going through difficult times and are upset and hormonal and full of grief. I wish I had a magic wand but am glad you have fora like this nowadays flowers

TurquoiseDress Sat 09-Jul-16 18:19:43

So sorry for all your losses.
Miscarriage is utterly shit.

Interesting info on the OPKs- have never used before but bought some off the internet.

Didn't realise OPKs pick up bhcg pregnancy hormones too- thought it was just for the LH surge?

Had MMC last month- lots of bleeding a few days before dating scan at almost 13 weeks.

Did an OPK 11 days after medical management & it was positive.
But my pregnancy test was also still positive.

Was I ovulating then? It's been over a month since the initial bleeding & 1 month since medication.

Not had a period yet but have no idea about my normal cycle as I've fallen pregnant twice directly after stopping the pill which I've taken for almost 15 years.

So frustrating not knowing where I am in terms of my cycle!

blossombottom Sun 10-Jul-16 15:09:53

OhTheRoses Sun 10-Jul-16 15:31:08

I think it might have been easier 20 years ago when these super sensitive tests didn't exist.flowers

TurquoiseDress Sun 10-Jul-16 15:52:09

Blossom- yes I'm thinking about ditching the O sticks already!

Did some googling and yes it seems that LH has some molecular similarities or something to beta hCG- so it makes working out anything to do with ovulation after MC rather difficult!

I don't think anyone ever measured my blood hCG- and if they did, nobody mentioned the result or wanting to check it was falling.
Maybe they have different policies in different hospitals?

I got given the pessaries & pain killers, then told to do a pregnancy test 3 weeks after treatment.

Thankfully was all negative about 2.5 weeks later. No further scans needed apparently.

blossombottom Sun 10-Jul-16 21:58:13

OhTheRoses Sun 10-Jul-16 22:11:04

My children are 22 and 18 now. Life does move on and the pain does ease. I feel so much for you all.

blossombottom Tue 12-Jul-16 19:22:23

OhTheRoses Tue 12-Jul-16 19:42:49

Ah blossom control. One day when you've two or three teenagers, and I'm sure you will you'll want control over more than your own body - in fact it will become an irrelevance when your boobs get closer to you knees than you'd like.

But joking apart, I remember feeling lost and out of control and grieving for lost babies and for the joy of being pregnant and for the simpleness of just being pregnant and being able to enjoy it without worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now