Talk

Advanced search

Friday never felt so good!

(15 Posts)
broodylady80 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:07:13

Finally after 8 months, I got this this morning smile

I have been reading everyone's stories and keeping positive and this morning my husband and I got the shock of our lives!

Probably the one month I haven't felt symptoms either.

Had to share since it's all so new and I can't wipe the grin from my face smile

Banana82 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:09:47

Huge congratulations broody! Its the best feeling isn't it! I got my positive yesterday and finding it incredibly hard to concentrate at work!

Sittingintheshade Fri 08-Jul-16 09:18:51

Congratulations!! Strong line!! flowers

MrsGsnow18 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:20:35

Huge Congratulations Broodylady What a fab start to your weekend!! flowers

Congratulations to Banana82 as well!!

broodylady80 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:36:12

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations Banana82... I am feeling the exact same way!

Just can't believe it, I don't think I've stopped shaking lol.

Fingers crossed everything is good smile

Banana82 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:53:02

I was in shock for a good couple of hours. Thought we had no chance this month as didn't DTD much as we were both under the weather. Is this your first Broody?

broodylady80 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:55:19

Yes Banana, this is our first. What about you?

I mentioned last night that I bought a test and my husband laughed because we both thought there was no chance. I have probably imagined more symptoms every other month but I am just glad to finally see two lines as I was convinced there was something wrong

MmmMalbec Fri 08-Jul-16 12:03:15

Yey congratulations!

Banana82 Fri 08-Jul-16 12:58:59

This will be our second. My DS has just turned 2 so I am just hoping I can handle a very active toddler and a newborn! shock I found it tough enough 2 years ago with just a newborn!

Have you calculated your due date?

Busta Fri 08-Jul-16 13:20:52

Congratulations Broody! flowers

It's nice to hear a positive from someone who has been trying for a while to.
I'm on my 10 month TTC & you have given me hope!

All the best & have a happy & healthy 9 months! grin

broodylady80 Fri 08-Jul-16 13:43:19

It is giving me a rough due date of around the second week of March so it really is early days. You?

I have an appointment made with my gp for the 18th of July so I am hoping that will both settle and reassure me, fingers crossed!

Banana82 Fri 08-Jul-16 13:48:13

I have 10 March as rough date. I know I ovulate really early in my cycle though but they will go with last period to date it.

I think I will go straight to a midwife booking in appointment this time. Not to put you off but I went to see my GP when I was about 5/6 weeks pregnant last time and she started giving me all the miscarriage stats and that it was early days etc etc. So will give that a miss this time round!

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 08-Jul-16 13:55:47

Congratulations!! You shouldnt need a GP appointment unless you're worried about anything particular, might be a bit of a let down as they will likely just refer you to MW!

broodylady80 Fri 08-Jul-16 13:55:48

Oh no I reckon that would definitely really unsettle me but I honestly didn't really have a notion where to start. I actually think my husband won't believe it for real until my gp says it's right so I'm just going to try and relax and hopefully everything will work out ok.

I know when my cycle started but I am completely oblivious with all this so hopefully I will gain confidence as we go.

Good luck with your pregnancy Banana and I hope it all goes well for you wink

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 08-Jul-16 13:56:41

GP won't test you though - they take your word for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now