Talk

Advanced search

Young, confused & needing help. Warning - ESSAY

(8 Posts)
shannonb94x Thu 07-Jul-16 18:21:59

So my last period finished on the 13th of May. But I'm young & dumb and didn't realise until Sunday (after an extremely heavy night of drinking) that I was late. Went and got a test straight away, 'pregnant' popped up. Done another 4 tests (because of course, I could not believe the first one) and 2 had clear lines, the other 2 said big fat pregnant. Spent the whole day panicking, tried contacting the guy, who I no longer have contact with, big fat failure, so sat and got my head around things. I can do this. It will be ok. Then started spotting that evening. By the Monday this turned into something extremely similar to a period. By Monday eve I couldn't touch my boobs without wanting to cry. So now I'm thinking I've had a chemical pregnancy or very early miscarriage right? Well the bleeding has stopped, completely, and tests still say positive. I get they can still say positive after a m/c. But I'm literally just wondering if anyone has gone through something similar? I haven't told a single living soul, hence the massive paragraph. My bad. Thanks guys.

Whatevernext001 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:48:46

Sorry you are going through allof this alone. It may be a miscarriage or a chemical but it may not be. You could've experienced a sort of implantation bleeding or some women experience bleeding even when pregnant however the extent to what you've described seems a bit much. Tests would still show positive for a short while after miscarriage due to the hormone staying in your body for a while. My advice would be to go to your gp or a early pregnancy unit, it will be confidential but you need to get checked by medical professional.

I hope you get the result that you want and wishing you all the best x

shannonb94x Thu 07-Jul-16 18:56:13

Thank you for your opinion smile I tried visiting a docor, and she was VERY rude. Her words to me were 'why don't you try using contraception' .. No lie. I'm on the pill anyway but that was irrelevant to the reason I wanted her advice. Safe to say I have made a strong complaint against her. X

physicskate Thu 07-Jul-16 19:17:27

Well done Shannon!! I am completely gobsmacked by this! I too am really sorry that you are having to go through this. I too hope you get the answers that you want, because guess what, this is YOUR body and YOUR life!!
This board has been really supportive, so I hope you feel you can lean on us here a bit... I would try to see a medical professional too. Can you self-refer to an EPU? They could to blood tests and then repeat to see what are happening to hormone levels...

You could try testing again in a few days to see if it still says pregnant. I agree it could be an m/c or not! Sorry I know that's not very helpful but just wanted to offer a sympathetic voice.

shannonb94x Thu 07-Jul-16 23:27:59

What your saying makes complete sense. But as I live at home, my mother would definitely question my where abouts. I am only 21 and would not want her feeling disappointed. I have had a miscarriage before in a previous relationship. I just feel worse because I have no contact at all with the male involved. So I have nobody to talk to. Nothing worse than being kept in limbo. I've done another test this evening and the line is slightly fainter than the rest, so maybe I'm slowly getting my answer. Will do another in the AM and then leave it until Monday. Other than that I have no real P.O.A!

Barefootcontessa84 Fri 08-Jul-16 08:16:38

If you're 21, can't you pop out for a bit without being questioned as to your whereabouts? I'm sorry you're going through this, but think it's important to get checked by the EPU.

MustStopAndThinkBeforePosting Fri 08-Jul-16 08:34:47

Sorry you are going through this and that the doctor was so rude and unhelpful.

Until you have confirmed clear negative tests there are possibilities you need to be aware of. It does take a while, 2-3 weeks, for the hormone to clear from your bloodstream. If you aren't getting a negative test that could be because some tissue was retained and if that happens you could get an infection, so you must get checked properly if you continue to get positive tests. It is also possible to bleed and yet still be pregnant, but unlikely. Needless to say it is really important that you have excellent contraceptive precautions until thus us sorted out or it will be much more difficult to be sure what is going on.

Good luck!

shannonb94x Fri 08-Jul-16 23:48:57

Took a test this AM and it was so faint i couldn't see it at first. Phoned my EPU for advice, suspected miscarriage, do another test Monday & if the faint line is still there I have to go down as a precaution. I'm sad as this is 2 miscarriages in a row before I reach 22. Now I'm just thing wtf is wrong with me? I was confused when I seen the 'pregnant'. Even more so now. I really feel for every woman out there trying to conceive. (No I wasn't trying, but this short journey alone was not one I'd like to relive for the 3rd time) It's a heart wrenching experience. Thanks for all your advice. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now