Spotting before AF is due

(11 Posts)
user1466632763 Sun 03-Jul-16 09:06:36

Morning ladies,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice ...

I've spotted this cycle over my fertile window, it then stopped but the last two days I've had spotting again in the morning.

AF is either due on Tuesday - Thursday.

Has anyone else experienced this??

I've got cramps on one side, feeling very sicky.

Thank you xx

MmmMalbec Sun 03-Jul-16 11:44:14

I had mid cycle bleeding last month and then had a little spotting before AF arrived at 8dpo. I've had various tests at the doctors and nothing is conclusive. I think it might be low progesterone but it could be caused by stress. It's annoying though. Hope your cycle goes back to normal soon.

simplydivine05 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:44:39

I have this every cycle. It starts as early as four days before. It only started to happen in January though. Prior to that I didn't have it and I had been off the pill for 10 months. Now it's my normal. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

user1466632763 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:55:04

Hi ladies,

Did you have cramps with it as well?

It's now progressed to bad cramps. I'm wondering if I'm having a chemical MC or something...

sad

I had a MC at the end of March so not sure if it's a knock on thing and my body has gone back to normal yet

MmmMalbec Mon 04-Jul-16 07:11:20

Simply I think spotting before AF is a bit more common than spotting in the middle of the month?

user no I didn't have any cramps but I don't during AF either, especially since having DS. Sorry about your MC. It might just be taking a while for your body to get back to normal?

karryk Mon 04-Jul-16 07:27:56

Hello smile

For the last three months I've had about 4 days of spotting before my period arrived. I spoke to my gp who didn't seem overly concerned (!) I found it really annoying as it meant af took up even more time than usual hmm

It is usually accompanied by a very mild cramping that comes and goes.

I had a missed miscarriage in Nov '15. No idea if that's what triggered this for me too. X

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 04-Jul-16 07:33:53

Yes I have spotting for about 4 days prior to my period, accompanied by cramps. I've got a 2.8 year old and 12 month old so with pregnancy and BF-ing have only had 3 periods in the past 3.5 years but it has happened every time. I'm planning to go to the Dr's if I ever get chance!

MmmMalbec Mon 04-Jul-16 13:26:28

Do either of you know what your luteal phase length is? I told my GP that mine was only 8 days this month and was like that's fine; your body will know not to shed your lining hmm

MmmMalbec Mon 04-Jul-16 13:26:48

Sorry about the MMC Karry

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 06-Jul-16 13:01:00

I think I have a 14 day luteal phase.

mumofmany7 Wed 06-Jul-16 15:18:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now