Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend ovulation tests?

(8 Posts)
Lizziedoll Thu 30-Jun-16 14:07:44

Hi ladies so I've been TTC for 3 months, total fail so far envy so I've decided to invest in ovulation tests. Any brand you would recommend? I see Clear Blue has a digital testing kit for £23, anyone knows if I can buy refills once I use all 20 tests or do I have to buy a new kit altogether? By the way I've used the Sainsbury's own brand so far but I've never managed to pinpoint ovulation. Maybe I don't ovulate? Who knows! Thanks in advance

MrsGsnow18 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:09:35

Hi
I initially used the boots own brand ones and never managed to get a positive ( though I do think I had a lot of anovulatory cycles) so to save money I ordered the one step ones from Amazon ( can't remember the exact price but a few £ for 20!) again though I wasn't have a whole lot of luck with positives and I would get faint lines which were hard to read.
So I eventually gave in and bought the clear blue digital to use as a back up! I would use an Amazon cheapie and then if there was a line and I wasn't sure if result I'd use a digital one and look for a smiley face.
This month was the first month I got a positive! It is possible that it's the only month I've ovulated but I think it was just easier using the clear blue digital as a back up as the smiley face is a pretty obvious positive!

Lizziedoll Thu 30-Jun-16 17:10:16

Thank you! I think I'll get one. Can you get refills or do you have to buy a new kit each time you run out?!

ilovewelshrarebit123 Thu 30-Jun-16 17:12:42

Get the jumbo pack cheapo ones off the internet. You use so many the clear blue are too expensive!

Good luck

broodypsycho Thu 30-Jun-16 17:16:12

I would recommend clear blue. They're very accurate or they have been with me and so easy to read. No trying to figure out how dark the lines are. Once you buy the clear blue you can buy refills off ebay for like £15 gringood luck

INeedNewShoes Thu 30-Jun-16 17:19:59

The same as MrsGsnow

I start the internet cheapies around CD8. Then around CD12 I start backing these up with the Clearblue Smilies.

Top tip: you need to test twice a day minimum . I discovered my surge was showing on OPKs around 6pm (which is a bit unusual). If I'd only been testing once a day earlier in the day then I would have missed it and thought I wasn't ovulating.

Lizziedoll Thu 30-Jun-16 17:52:07

Thanks very much ladies. I'm TTC #1 so have no clue what I'm doing wink

simplydivine05 Fri 01-Jul-16 16:51:53

I use the cheap ones from Amazon by One Step. I do them twice a day, late morning and about 4pm. I catch my surge then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now