Talk

Advanced search

Brain food for conception - tips please!

(4 Posts)
blossombottom Thu 30-Jun-16 11:12:55

Hello,

I'm after some wisdom!

I just had ERPC (actually 2 as the first one wasn't successful, and a blood transfusion between the two ops as I lost 1.5 litres) after discovering MMC at dating scan last week, foetus looked 9.5 weeks. It's a massive bummer but I accept that it wasn't meant to be.

We conceived DD (16 months) through IVF as DH had low sperm count, but this one was a delightful natural BFP after his count improved hugely. So we're feeling cautiously hopeful that we can make it happen again. And of course, I want it soon!

So now I want to focus on doing what we can to heal and move on - and try again. I know there's little I can do to really influence a successful pregnancy and a swift conception but I need to feel I'm doing all I can to recover and get back to good health. I was the same with the IVF and helped my morale.

So, can anyone (preferably those who have conceived / conceived soonish after a MC) recommend:

- vitamins or supplements
- diet changes
- books to read
- apps
- anything else?!

Thanks,

BB xx

TheFirie Fri 01-Jul-16 05:07:36

I had my first MC at week 22 on the 1st of July, my gynaecologist told me to wait for the first period and then start trying straight away and I did so and DS1 was conceived in September.

OF course there is no magic recipe but taking a healthy approach doesn't harm.
Quit drinking and smoking (both of you), eat healthy which means high vegetables, fruit, protein, cut the crap and junk food . Just take folic acid and leave the vitamins for after conception.

Fingers crossed for you.

blossombottom Fri 01-Jul-16 08:43:10

Wow, I have heard of so many women who conceived straight after a MC. Did you conceive easily the first time? That's wonderful. I'm so sorry for your loss (last year?), it must have been horrendous to lose a pregnancy at that stage. If this was last year, you must be due very soon??

Thanks for the tips.

TheFirie Fri 01-Jul-16 12:43:29

That was exactly 14 years ago. DS1 is now 13 smile, but I still feel the pain every first of July. When DS1 was 2, I had a second MC at 14 weeks and this time the geneticist wanted to have some tests done so I waited a couple of months but then decided to try again as tests were inconclusive and fell pregnant quickly and DS2 is now 9.
All boys, the 2 I lost and the 2 I kiss every day.

My tips are not worth a lot I am afraid. Life is very unfair when it comes to pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now