Talk

Advanced search

Me and my fiancée have been ttc for 7 months

(9 Posts)
Millieelouise Wed 29-Jun-16 14:33:51

Me and my fiancée have been ttc for 7 months, I'm 19 and he's 21 so we thought it would happen quite quickly, how long has it taken you to fall pregnant and is there anything we can do to help fertility?? Thank you x

BoBo90 Wed 29-Jun-16 15:37:15

It varies for everyone. Some lucky people fall pregnant straight away and others it can take over a year. You only have a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle so it's pretty much just luck!

You should already be taking folic acid but you could try taking a combined tablet with vitamins and folic acid like pregnacare or seven seas. You can get ones for you and also for your Fiancé (one 'e' when it's a male, two when referring to the girl smile) which might help.

Are you using anything to track when your fertile week is? Ovulation kits? Temping?

We're into month 8 of ttc now and 25 and dh is 26 so we also thought it would be reasonably quick!

Millieelouise Wed 29-Jun-16 16:18:07

Just seems like since we've been trying everywhere you turn is babies which breaks me a little I've been taking folic acid for three months, I'll think I'll try the ones you suggested as any things worth trying ,I'm currently using apps and recording all the data on their, good luck to you and your other half, fingers crossed for the both of us

BoBo90 Wed 29-Jun-16 16:36:03

Oh I know! My dh is always laughing at me for yelling at the tv for showing me baby stuff or those really annoying clear blue adverts! It will happen for us eventually 😄 Good luck!! X

RaeSkywalker Wed 29-Jun-16 16:38:18

I took Pregnacare Conception, DH took the 'man version'. I'm 28, he's 31.

broodypsycho Wed 29-Jun-16 16:47:34

I've been trying for 13 months now, im 27 and my bf is 29, both healthy and fine Unexplained infertility. You just have to keep trying, definitely use ovulation tests to pin point when to have intercourse. Best of luck xx

WannaBe Wed 29-Jun-16 16:54:45

The average time for conception is around a year. In many countries they won't do any investigations until you have been TTC for two years.

I know it's hard but honestly seven months is no time at all. Relax, if you're having sex regularly (three/four times a week or more) then you don't need all the charts and apps and the like.

I genuinely believe that the amount of pressure people put on themselves to know exactly when the right time is, not to mention the amount of money spent on ovulation sticks, thermometers etc most likely contributes to stress levels which in turn can contribute to a change in your cycle.

People get pregnant by having sex and having it regularly. It really is that simple.

If after a year you're still not pregnant then go and see your GP, but bear in mind that for every person who says "I got pregnant on the first month of trying," there are numerous others who took two, three, six, twelve months and even longer to fall pregnant, and all without having any actual fertility issues.

Millieelouise Wed 29-Jun-16 17:04:03

Thank you everyone for your input good luck to you all, And I'll definitely look around for the seven seas

viviantaylor666 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:15:16

it is different for everyone, just keep trying and don't overthink it too much, it will come naturally! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now