Talk

Advanced search

Fertility after abortion

(9 Posts)
lalaland1985 Wed 29-Jun-16 13:51:39

Hi everyone

I've been worrying about this for a long time.

I had an abortion years ago when Dh and I first started dating. We are now ttc and I can't help but wonder if it's affected my fertility. I know I might be being a bit irrational but keep thinking that karma will stop me conceiving.

I guess I'm just looking for reassuring stories of conception after a termination.

Toria2014 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:17:29

I worried about that as well, but I was worrying unnecessarily. I have a beautiful LO and I was 40 when I had her too.

Redisthenewblack Wed 29-Jun-16 15:17:35

I had a termination about 8 years ago.

When I started TTC with H we conceived first cycle both times and the second time it was twins so definitely had no adverse affect on my fertility. grin

lalaland1985 Wed 29-Jun-16 22:03:28

Thank you that does make me feel better. I don't regret the termination, I just struggle to believe that I deserve to conceive.

user1466632763 Thu 30-Jun-16 17:59:59

I had an early termination a few years ago, fell pregnant the first time of trying and sadly MC at 8.5 weeks which was at the end of March sad

Struggling to get pregnant again which is upsetting sad

lalaland1985 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:46:24

I totally empathise. I am so sorry about your miscarriage. 💐

ACFW2016 Fri 01-Jul-16 12:16:41

My friend had a termination last October due to an affair. She's now sorted everything out between her and her husband and is currently 18 weeks pregnant. She did say to me early on in her pregnancy that she felt like she didn't deserve it but those thoughts have eventually gone away as you have to except that it was the right decision for you at the time and doesn't mean you're not entitled to then go on to have a child x

ImGoingToTeabagYourDrumKitDale Fri 01-Jul-16 16:40:55

I had a termination and I had no adverse effects on my already low fertility. I have a 1 year old son who was a surprise.

absoluteginger Tue 02-Aug-16 16:28:35

lalaland I've been worrying exactly the same thing. I had a very early (5 weeks) termination at the beginning of this year (lots of reasons for it, it just wasn't the right time for us to have a baby and too much other stuff was going on at the same time) I have to say until I was in a situation where I really couldn't visualise having a baby at that time I had never thought I would even consider a termination. I was sad at the time, but once I had made my decision it felt right. I was lucky that we caught it so early as I didn't have time to think about how the embryo was growing, to us it was just a bunch of cells at that stage.

I didn't tell anyone about it at the time, only my OH and I knew (doctors etc. as well of course) and now that we will be TTC soon (in a couple of months) I feel like I will be judged for having had a termination so recently and then trying to conceive again so soon...

Telling the midwife at my booking in appointment scares me as I don't want to be judged for making a decision which I was happy with at the time (and still am happy with, despite the fact that I'm coming up to what would have been my due date now).

I really hope that it hasn't affected my fertility or ability to conceive..

How are things going for you now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now