Talk

Advanced search

Pains before bfp

(11 Posts)
Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 07:36:09

Hi I saw my doctor on Friday as Id had lower left hand pains for nearly 2 weeks. On her advise on did a pregnancy test which was BFN. I've done another today and now have a BFP although it is faint. After was due yesterday. The doctor wanted me to get back in if I got a positive result so I could be referred to the EPU. The pains have subsided a lot just getting a few here and there rather than constant pain like I was. Should I go back to the Doctor today? Sorry I'm a bit confused been ttc for a while and think I'm in shock.

summerskittles91 Wed 29-Jun-16 08:35:01

Definitely go back to the doctor just get yourself checked out..EPU referral should be good so they can check everything is ok xx

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 08:40:00

Thank you for the reply. That's what I thought but feel a bit of a fraud as pains aren't as bad. I've yet to tell dp so don't know whether to tell him before or after I get seen as he's at work l.

summerskittles91 Wed 29-Jun-16 08:58:57

I often feel like I'm pestering my GP but its better to get checked out, you seem lucky as your GP seems to be cautious - not many would be happy to refer you to EPU at this stage. if they're giving you the chance to get checked out definitely go back to your doctors.

In terms of telling DP I'd personally wait till they're home from work so you can tell them face to face. in the mean time get yourself to the doctors smile

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 09:04:27

I've not seen her before but she was really nice already been referred for a scan as I have a history of endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
I think I'll wait to tell him I know he'll be upset that I've gone through this on my own but I've had 2 early mcs this year so don't want to gwt his hopes up.

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 09:17:24

Managed to get an appointment after being told I'd have to ring in the morning. Receptionist was really nice once I'd explained and put me in around my work times. Just gotta try keep quite now as dp will ring me in a little while.

summerskittles91 Wed 29-Jun-16 11:00:49

Keep us posted on how you go.. hopefully everything will be ok smile

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 14:19:09

Thanks summer I will do.

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 29-Jun-16 17:08:26

Doctor had a good prod and due to the amount of tenderness she has referred me to the EPU. I've got to go tomorrow morning and have been warned that they probably won't scan but will do bloods to try and determine the location of the pregnancy and possibly return in 10 days. Doctor thinks its unlikely to be ectopic but wants to try establish the cause of the pain. Ive got to try sort childcare for ds1 which is slightly more difficult as nobody knows im pregnant atm and hes already going to mums whilst im at work. Feeling very sore so putting my feet up.

Perpetualstateofchaos Thu 30-Jun-16 07:27:46

I'm getting really anxious now. I know there's not much that can be done but really want this one to stick and all be ok. There doesn't seem to be such a thing as an easy pregnancy for me. Had early emergency scans with both of the boys so fingers crossed this one works out the same.

Perpetualstateofchaos Thu 30-Jun-16 15:20:19

Well she found the sacred and yoke but not much else as I'm so early along and it's not ectopic. That's where the good news ends apparently it's too low down so they don't think my pregnancy will be viable. Did a urine test whilst I was there which was negative but think the sample was very diluted. I've got to retake a test in a week and I have the direct number to call to go back if the test is still positive.
I'm trying to think happy thoughts and hoping that it sticks. Ive been offered a scan at around 8 weeks due to my recurrent miscarriages. Dp seems upset but I've only managed to speak to him briefly. I feel like I've let him down again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now