Talk

Advanced search

Help: confusion with positive OPKs and pregnancy tests after miscarriage

(14 Posts)
ljomrs Mon 27-Jun-16 12:19:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blossombottom Mon 27-Jun-16 16:19:51

Sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I'm just going through a similar thing and it's dreadful!

Did you get a negative HPT before the OPKs started to show positive? If so, how soon after the MC?

X

blossombottom Mon 27-Jun-16 16:20:29

Sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I'm just going through a similar thing and it's the pits.

Did you get a negative HPT before the OPKs started to show positive? If so, how soon after the MC?

X

ljomrs Tue 28-Jun-16 16:17:00

blossombottom Wed 29-Jun-16 18:38:23

Thanks. Yes it's totally crap!!

Have you tested again...??

Am back in hospital after drama / bleeding / 999 call yesterday and a second ERPC this afternoon. Hoping this is it and I can start moving forward tomorrow...

When was your MC? Xx

blossombottom Wed 29-Jun-16 18:44:39

Sorry... Just scrolled up and read your original post which I did read before. Blaming the drugs xx

ljomrs Wed 29-Jun-16 21:31:54

ljomrs Wed 29-Jun-16 21:56:28

blossombottom Thu 30-Jun-16 12:36:49

I can see a line in the closer up pic... Am on my phone so can't make out anything in the other one.

Was the negative HPT totally negative, no line whatsoever?

How many dpo do you think you are now..? God it's such a bewildering time and I bet you're scared of hoping, but incapable of not hoping!

Xx

ljomrs Thu 30-Jun-16 22:43:15

blossombottom Thu 30-Jun-16 22:58:54

I don't think I can see anything on those. But... 8/9 dpo is early!!

Do you have symptoms? How long is your luteal phase, normally?

I'm ok thanks, rested today and had little pain or bleeding, just tired and dizzy! I feel way less emotional than I did on Monday though, which is good. Tummy pain I can cope with but the sadness on Monday was crippling!

Did you get your hcg levels tested at hospital or with GP? I was discharged and just told to take HPT in 3 weeks, and to call them if it was +

Obvs took one today and it was a fairly strong positive. Don't want to wait 3 weeks and potentially miss ovulation! Also, I won't feel like it's over until I get a -

It's mad to be longing for a - and getting pissed off with +

ljomrs Fri 01-Jul-16 06:07:50

blossombottom Fri 08-Jul-16 22:31:11

Sorry it's been a week!! How are you getting on? I've got lots of people I can talk to thankfully, we instinctively knew from the start that we were going to be very open with friends and family about this and I'm so glad we did as the support has been lovely and being able to talk about it has helped me process it and (I think) come to terms with it a bit more than I would have done if I was having to pretend nothing has happened. God it's hard though. How are you finding it all?

What happened with that test..??

I'm 2 weeks post (the first) ERPC and I thought I felt the familiar tug of ovulation pains today. Can't be though as my hcg was still at 600 on Tuesday. Realistically it must be post operative pain. Such a guessing game...

ljomrs Sat 09-Jul-16 21:16:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now