Talk

Advanced search

Late ovulation??

(16 Posts)
Mummyandwife85 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:14:41

OK so I'm definitely bit dumb but I'm ovulation app said I was due to ovulate on Wed or Thursday last week but didn't get a positive ovulation tests till Saturday so does is make a difference to trying to TTC or not ?, hmm confused

MollyAmelia2015 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:22:07

Never, ever follow an app on ovulation, they go by exactly 2 weeks in.. Whereas us woman hardly ever ovulate 2 weeks exactly in! try testing 10 days in from your period next time and you may get a better result. Ps I used an ovulation app and it did me no favours and I almost become obsessed with it, hope you get you precious baby soon! Xx

simplydivine05 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:33:50

It doesn't if you still dtd when you get that positive opk. Lots of things can cause delayed ovulation. Mine was three days lateast cycle.

Mummyandwife85 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:41:20

Ooh rite cool thank you never done a ovulation test before or an app tbh xx

simplydivine05 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:03:46

I don't use an app for tracking my cycles in that manner but I do use fertility friend as I take my temp every day. I went back to ovulation tests this month as we tried the sperm meets egg plan. As it happens, I had a scan 1-2 days before ovulation and the nurse saw two (shock) maturing follicles. A super strong positive test later that day confirmed it.

Mummyandwife85 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:35:10

Wow that's cool xox I feel like before this year getting pregnant was so easy and now I'm actively TTC it's such a struggle so we did a sperm test thingy on my oh as he is other than me n had no children so was worried he couldn't and now I'm worried thinking the coil was messed me up xox

simplydivine05 Mon 27-Jun-16 14:23:39

I've got one child from a previous relationship but he's 8 and was conceived without me even realising. I think the pill has messed me up although dp has to have another test because his morphology isn't good. They're testing my prolactin levels next week. We're on cycle 14 currently and had two cycles before that where we just weren't preventing. Never did I think it would take this long. You spend so long trying not to get pregnant you think it must be the easiest thing in the world! X

Mummyandwife85 Mon 27-Jun-16 17:33:00

Ooh gosh bless you both, well I have three children myself 10/8/4 and all three unplanned and on other forms of pill etc but now it's like my body just don't want to play ball only been trying for 3months obviously I know a lot of Ladies on ere have been TTC for a lot longer than me but as we are newly weds it's the constant of people n family and friends asking why we are not pregnant yet etc makes it feel so frustrating sad

simplydivine05 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:30:57

I sympathise. We get it from his parents. We bought a bigger house in 2014 and from that moment people have assumed their will shortly be a baby to fill the spare room. It's awful feeling that pressure when it's none of their damn business! My family know we're trying and my mum knows all the details. He's not told his family. I tend to over share grin.

Mummyandwife85 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:58:04

I'm with u there I'm definitely an over share kinda lass lol people always tell me I'm just too honest n open WITH EVERYTHING blush so my mum knows and my best mate my hubby is a taxi driver and he had baby banter from his work pals slot lately too so they know too confused blush let's just make a neon sign for around my neck that says I'm having s*x and ttc lol grin 😂😂😂

simplydivine05 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:54:42

😂 haha us too! I always wonder if dp doesn't want to make eye contact with people that know about the tests he's had/having, although that is just my mum and two best friends. He did quite well at pathology this morning with the spotty faced, fresh out of uni, lab assistant, who looked very embarrassed himself!

Mummyandwife85 Tue 28-Jun-16 15:56:28

Ha ha same ere yesterday cos I'm quite random I ordered a moon cup to see wtf they are like and my oh was very embarrassed to think people will be thinking we using a moon cup and tbh he was mortified when we went to boots for the sperm test lol poor sod blush wink

lemon101 Tue 28-Jun-16 17:17:59

uurrghh the horror that is ttc! I hated the pressure. For what its worth my cycles were getting increasingly erratic due to stress and international travel for work and I ended up getting pregnant from dtd 2days before I was due on. I'm guessing my ovulation was REALLY delayed. I know this to be the case because that was the only time we had sex that month (ttc had destroyed any desire). Also I had been doing ovulation tests and kept on getting really late positives but thought they were incorrect so ignored them.
So basically I guess I would say late ovulation really does happen and yes it makes a difference to ttc.

Mummyandwife85 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:48:53

Tbh I try to block out the fact we are ttc wen we are DTD cos it definitely puts me off x I'm due on in 8days and think I ovulated last Thursday/Friday so I guess we shall see xox

simplydivine05 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:55:04

The pressure in that sense doesn't seem to have affected us thank God. I've had a smear thus aft though and that has definitely put me off today. I have permanent SPD and my bone is always bruised. She kept hitting it with the speculum (awkward position as I can't open my legs as far as they like). In the end I put the speculum in myself and it was plain sailing then! At least I know for next time. I'm feeling very sore now though 😞
I tested this morning, pre smear, with a frer but it was stark negative. I'm 10 dpo. Af due Sunday. We shall see but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mummyandwife85 Wed 29-Jun-16 15:19:01

Ooh gosh huni sounds awful sad flowers xox fingers crossed u get ur BFP soon xox

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now