Talk

Advanced search

So this just happened...

(16 Posts)
LemonLimeTonic Thu 23-Jun-16 23:55:27

Did a test on Friday and it was a BFN. Had spotting but AF still missing so figured I'd have another go.

Cycle 1. Only had sex once all month...

MaGratgarlik1983 Thu 23-Jun-16 23:57:52

Congratulations!

DramaAlpaca Fri 24-Jun-16 00:00:11

It only takes one! Congratulations smile

LemonLimeTonic Fri 24-Jun-16 00:31:51

Still don't believe it. Drank a shit load of squash and tested again. It's now BFN. Can you dilute pregnancy hormone? So confused!

Will get fairer response test tomorrow. I need to know now. Negative, then positive and then negative... What's going on!!!!

Imnotaslimjim Fri 24-Jun-16 00:37:30

Yes, you can dilute it, that's why first morning urine is suggested. Let 3 or 4 seconds worth flow before resting. Congratulations

Imnotaslimjim Fri 24-Jun-16 00:38:05

Testing, not resting!

LemonLimeTonic Fri 24-Jun-16 00:40:15

I'm off to boots first thing for more tests!!!

Cupcakemumma123 Fri 24-Jun-16 06:38:45

Good luck X

LemonLimeTonic Fri 24-Jun-16 08:46:38

So I just did a test. And it's a BFN. Still no AF though.

I'm so confused. What the hell is going on. AF was due a week ago. How can I get one positive last night and then a negative. What are the chances of a false positive?

I know exactly when we would have conceived. How many days post conception should you test to get an accurate result?

Imnotaslimjim Fri 24-Jun-16 10:21:34

Try a pound land test, they're the most sensitive on the market! False negatives are more common than false positives. Don't give up hope yet

rainbowstardrops Fri 24-Jun-16 10:26:20

Fingers crossed the next one is positive OP X

LemonLimeTonic Fri 24-Jun-16 12:24:46

Thanks everyone. I've vowed not to test any more until tomorrow AM. Want some nice concentrated urine. (Now there's something I never thought I'd say out loud!)

Praying for a nice strong BFP.

MrsGsnow18 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:10:00

Hoping next time you test will be BFP!
I think blue dye tests are slightly less reliable so def try get some pink die tests!

LemonLimeTonic Sat 25-Jun-16 12:34:51

I'm afraid it's a chemical pregnancy. All tests have been negative since and this morning I have had pinky brown spotting and it's getting heavier. sad

Going to leave it a couple of months before we try again. Don't think I can go through theses emotions quiet so soon. DH has been amazing. Wiped my tears and told me today is my day and we can do whatever I like.

Don't know why but I've taken to calling the non-baby Click. Kind of helps with it all.

haveacupoftea Sat 25-Jun-16 18:10:48

I had a chem in January and took it very hard too. But you will be ok flowers

rainbowstardrops Sat 25-Jun-16 21:56:10

So sorry to hear that. Fingers firmly crossed for good news soon X flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now