Three weeks late but 6 negative tests

(3 Posts)
stephiebromley Thu 23-Jun-16 14:49:08

Total newbie at this - but I wanted some advice!

My husband and I have been trying for a baby since last November. We've had no luck yet, so I bought the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests to see if they would help track the best days to conceive. On May 22nd it had the solid smiley face for 48 hours, so we tried multiple times over the following days.

My period was due 5th June - so this Sunday I'll be three weeks late! But I've taken 6 pregnancy tests (the last test being four days ago) and they are all negative! I've had periods be late by around 9 days in the past, but not for this length of time!

I feel really hormonal and bloated all the time, have gone off loads of different foods and feel tired all the time.

Surely if we conceived when I was ovulating I would have a positive test by now? I think it's me getting my hopes up - but I just feel different?!

I don't know whether to try and get an appointment at the doctors for a blood test - but trying to get an appointment at mine is practically impossible!

I'm so confused sad

haveacupoftea Thu 23-Jun-16 23:28:20

Yea see GP for bloods. It is probably you didnt ovulate last month and will get your period at your usual time this month though xx

MrsGsnow18 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:22:50

By three weeks late it would be unusual to still be getting BFN. There are stories about people not getting BFPs on HPT ever basically but having DC but prob best not to get your hopes up.
Sometimes we just skip a cycle/AF. Our bodies work in mysterious ways when TTC! ( which is so frustrating) stress/travel and other factors can all contribute. To put your mind at ease ( because the not knowing is the worst!) I'd suggest trying to get in for bloods, maybe you wouldn't need a GP appointment, you might be able to phone and book bloods with nurse?
Wishing you luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now