ovulation pain.....help????

(6 Posts)
LottieB30 Thu 23-Jun-16 02:10:44

Hi all

I am after some help... I had a positive opk on Monday 20 June (CD20 of a 30 day cycle - as per normal) and later that evening had an intense jabbing pain / strong stitch like pain close to my left hip bone on and off for a few hours. I thought this was ov pain. We dtd Friday, Sunday and Monday.

Tonight, Wednesday 22 June (CD22) I have had a similar pain close to my left hip but not as intense. I have also had very mild pain on the right hand side - could this have been ovulation? Worried I might have missed this month now as OH has been unwell Tuesday and Wednesday so have not been able to dtd.

Any help much appreciated!! TIA.

X

simplydivine05 Thu 23-Jun-16 13:14:20

Ovulation is usually 24-48 hours after a positive opk. Sperm usually survive up to five days, so there is a strong chance you caught the egg. I often have ovulation pain after the egg has been released. I think this is the fallopian tube contracting as it pushes the egg down. If you have a 30 day cycle though and you're not ovulating until day 21/22 you have a very short luteal phase and you could do with getting that checked. I understand it needs to be at least ten days to be able to sustain a pregnancy x

LottieB30 Thu 23-Jun-16 14:29:03

Thank you for the info - I didn't think I needed to get that checked just thought that was the way I am. I did fall pregnant last November but sadly the baby did not develop passed 8 weeks. X

simplydivine05 Thu 23-Jun-16 16:06:30

It may not be anything but the average luteal phase is 12-14 days. A short luteal phase is an indicator of low progesterone. Have you been using the opks long?
I'm very sorry to hear of your MC last year x

LottieB30 Thu 23-Jun-16 17:50:18

Thanks. I've been using the opks for 4 months with pregnacare conception. This month we have also tried FertileCheck gel from boots. Oh well will just have to wait and see what happens towards the end of next week. X

simplydivine05 Thu 23-Jun-16 21:18:58

I found pregnacare messed up my cycles. I just take the Wilkos pregnancy multi vitamin. We've been trying properly for 14 cycles plus two not preventing. This month we've ditched the preseed and conceive plus but tried the sperm meets egg plan. Fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now