Talk

Advanced search

BBT confusion

(5 Posts)
BusyNothings Wed 22-Jun-16 21:24:48

Trawling through the tinterweb is not helping me so thought I would ask you lovely ladies.

My body is all over the place and in trying to figure it out I am starting temping. But the thing is I forget every morning before I start moving. I'm usually on my way back from the bathroom and end up swearing loudly.

My question is. Does it really make a difference and will it skew my results if I do it after moving? And do I really have to set myself a stupid early alarm to make sure I do it before I REALLY wake up?

WingingIt83 Thu 23-Jun-16 12:56:59

I'd be interested in this too as I wake up about 6, snooze until 7 (very bad lol! ) and then get up walk to bathroom and take temperature in there.

My take is that as long as it's consistent it should be ok? It certainly worked for showed rising temperatures after ovulation and then a drop in the two days before AF appeared.
I might start comparing 6am with 7am and see if there's a significant difference.

AmyC86 Thu 23-Jun-16 13:10:39

I was told that you need to follow these simple instructions for anow accurate BBT

1- BBT should only be taken after at least 3 hours sleep.
2 - should be taken orally
3 - should be before you get out of bed

BusyNothings Thu 23-Jun-16 15:33:08

winging it I tried comparing it and it was different so erratic after I'd moved. Maybe it depends on the person?

BettyOBarley Thu 23-Jun-16 15:35:58

It definitely makes difference if you get out of bed in my experience, however if you did it that way every morning maybe you would get some sort of consistent result?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now