Talk

Advanced search

This is long, but please could somebody help me?!

(14 Posts)
AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 13:12:57

Hello everyone, I will explain a little first. I have 3 children already by my ex, who left me for someone else after 18 years. I've been in a relationship with a lovely guy now for 8 months, although we don't live together. He has 2 children with his ex, and doesn't want anymore. I am on the pill, the 1st day of my last period was on the 6th of June, I was very sick Sunday and Monday, (19th and 20th) then swear I had ovulation pains on Monday and Tuesday, (20th and 21st.) I'm now a bit panicky that the sickness has stopped the pill working. I was also sick again last night, (21st) due to a bad headache. Today I have odd twinges that feels like it's in my right ovary, and lower back pain, which are things I don't experience unless I'm bleeding. Could I possibly be pregnant? I'm very scared.

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 13:40:03

Sorry I seem to have missed out the vital peice of info that we had sex on Friday night (17th.) I'm going mad here with worry!

BoBo90 Wed 22-Jun-16 13:40:45

Hi, this must be quite worrying for you so I can understand you are a little scared.

If you think you ovulated on 20th/21st there is no chance you could be feeling pregnancy related symptoms just yet. The egg will take 7-10 days to implant and that's when you tend to get the symptoms starting. So what you are experiencing is probably more ov pains or just some aching from being ill and throwing up multiple times!

The pill can lose effect if you throw up soon after taking it but as long as you took it a few hours before being sick it will have dissolved and be in your system.

You should be fine so try not to stress too much and for peace of mind take a test in ten days time 🙂

Boozena Wed 22-Jun-16 13:45:27

Limited knowledge here but I'd say yes there is a chance. You had sex and I think sperm can live for a few days (up to 5?) ready to meet the egg.
Sickness can and does affect your pill. I think you're too early to test & also perhaps too early to be experiencing symptoms- maybe you're actually due on and that's the twinges? Seems like you're just going to have to wait it out flowers

MerryMarigold Wed 22-Jun-16 13:48:35

Use this scare as a learning curve to use condoms if you are sick/ have diarrhea. I doubt you would have pain already unless it's ectopic (even then vv early).

Allium40 Wed 22-Jun-16 13:54:49

Hello!

Could it be ov pains?

Good luck!

BorisIsBack Wed 22-Jun-16 13:55:49

As helpful as we would all like to be we can not tell you if you are pregnant. Only peeing on a stick could do that.

However if you only ovulated on Tuesday its impossible that you would be showing pregnancy symptoms today.

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 14:32:43

I haven't had sex since before I was sick, so I couldn't have predicted that! I've now got this really heavy feeling in my lower stomach, with dull cramping, it's not the same as ovulating pains. Agggghhhh!

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 14:34:47

Sorry, I forgot to say thank you to you all, and my period is due on the 4th, and I have always had very regular 28 day cycles whether in the pill or not! xxx

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 14:35:16

*on the pill!

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 14:38:30

And I'm pretty sure I threw up at least 1 pill, but thought we'd had sex a while before, and thought I'd be ok! I'd love another baby, but he has already said he doesn't, so this could really affect our relationship, that's what's scaring me most! xxx

BoBo90 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:11:34

If you only threw up one pill then it's still highly unlikely. The pill stops the ovary from releasing an egg as well as other things to make it difficult for aperm to reach the eg or implant properly. Missing one pill is unlikely to have countered all this.

I think you need to assume you're not pregnant until you can test. Your going to get your hopes up for no reason X

BoBo90 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:13:41

*sperm
*egg

Obviously my phone is a prude and has a problem with those two words 😆

AandD Wed 22-Jun-16 15:19:45

Ha ha, thank you, I was sick again last night, so maybe my cramps are just from me missing 1 or 2 pills then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now