Talk

Advanced search

Ovulating earlier than usual after miscarriage?

(4 Posts)
INeedNewShoes Wed 22-Jun-16 12:28:40

I had a missed miscarriage in May. I had a d&c at 12 weeks but the foetus had stopped growing at around 7 weeks.

Since the d&c I tracked my HCG using HPTs until I got a negative pregnancy test. Since then I've had a period and started doing OPKs at CD8. I'm now CD11 and it looks like I might get a positive OPK this afternoon.

But, this isn't normal for me. I usually get a positive OPK on CD13.

Knowing when I ovulate is important as I'm having IUI to get pregnant so the window for successful conception is only around 24 hours after ovulation.

Can I trust the OPKs? If I get LH surge can I trust that it means I'm likely about to ovulate? Maybe the miscarriage has reset my cycle and I'll ovulate on CD12 from now on?

Any advice appreciated!

StillCounting123 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:45:20

I charted my cycles for + 1 year as birth control and always found a variation of 1-2 days either side was totally normal both for ovulation and also for period arriving.

So this is your 1st proper cycle since your D&C? It's still very early days and your body could be 'resetting' itself after the miscarriage.

Keep on with the OPK and the checking your cervical fluid and usual symptoms of ovulation.

It's a hard thing for your body to go through (sadly I know this as I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago, and at stage of wondering when my period will appear), it's great you're keeping an eye out for all the things you need to.

All the best!

Star8181 Wed 22-Jun-16 18:12:46

Hiya, I ovulated 3 days early after chemical / early miscarriage, I read somewhere it can happen.

FATEdestiny Wed 22-Jun-16 18:25:51

I have a 27/28 day cycle but for the three cycles after my MMC I had cycles around 21 days. My fourth cycle much longer (35 days) then they settled back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now