Talk

Advanced search

Bfp after 'withdrawal bleed'

(10 Posts)
loztredders Mon 20-Jun-16 09:27:08

After taking lots of pregnancy tests up to around 17dpo (or so i thought) and all being negative after a faint positive on 10dpo ( chemical assumed) I started norethisterone to induce my period.
I took norethisterone Friday to Sunday and started a withdrawal bleed on wed to Saturday. Slightly lighter than normal but none the less a definite period.

Yesterday I took an opk on cd5 (poas addict) and it was a blaring positive. Thinking my cycle was just a mess after the chemical I thought I could be ovulating.
After googling - some women that had posture opk on cd5 turned out to be pregnant.

Took a cheap yesterday and BFP. And same this morn with a superdrug.

Today would be cd6 if I counted the first day of bleeding as my period....

I know there's not really anything that can be done now except wait it out but I'm so confused!

leopardspice Mon 20-Jun-16 09:40:41

How long are your cycles usually because on the average cycle cd17 is just after expected ovulation so far to early to test. You won't get a reliable pg test result until your period would be due so to understand that how long is your usual cycle?

Jodie1982 Mon 20-Jun-16 10:07:06

When was your chemical?

loztredders Mon 20-Jun-16 10:38:10

I got negatives until 17dpo which was about cd 32.

Cycles are usually 26-28 days

leopardspice Mon 20-Jun-16 10:49:44

Sorry I read your post wrong blush
Right I see! Ah 17dpo and a negative...
Well congratulations on your bfp!!! I would stick with the date of your last period where you got the bfp on day 10 and when you have a dating scan you'll know more? flowers

loztredders Mon 20-Jun-16 10:58:30

Thanks

It's just weird as with the bleeding surely the egg would've been 'swept away' so to speak?

leopardspice Mon 20-Jun-16 11:09:48

My only concern is that you go from the later date and miss the window for the 12w anomaly scan (if that's something you wish to go for...) you could go to the Dr's and get your hormone levels checked they may be able to give you an estimate week gestation from your levels? Or refer you for a dating scan so you can have an accurate 12w scan?

loztredders Mon 20-Jun-16 11:16:31

Hmm that's true.

Guess I'll book a docs appointment this week and see what they suggest.

I forgot to mention I also had a positive opk on about cd 28 and negative HPT so is it possible the faint positive I had middle of the cycle was an evap and actually I'm now only about 13 dpo.

The faint positive I had on what I thought was 10dpo actually disappeared later in the day.
All tests taken yesterday and today have remained clearly positive...

KittensandKnitting Mon 20-Jun-16 11:24:50

Congratulations on the BFB, it's amazing and I'm so happy for you.

I would speak to the doctor they may be able to send you to your EPU for an early scan (6-7weeks) given the circumstances if I was in your position if that wasn't possible I would want to do this myself, privately they are around £100 in some places.

KittensandKnitting Mon 20-Jun-16 11:25:51

Also a faint positive if you were only 10dpo would highly likely disappear later in the day due to it being so early, concentration of the hormone will generally only pick up first thing in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now