Talk

Advanced search

success after ectopic?

(10 Posts)
AllyBali123 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:53:32

Hey starting my first tww after my ectopic pregnancy in March which I received methotrexate for. Took a year to conceive in the first place so not holding out much hope! Using opks now which I wasn't before so least I know that we have BD'd at the right time.....anyone had much success conceiving fairly quickly after an ectopic?

FirstTimeInForever Sun 19-Jun-16 23:21:42

Hi Ally Bali,

I've had two ectopic. First in 2010 which ruptured, life or death situation , ruptured tube, internal bleeding, emergency surgery and lost my fallopian tube. I waited for my next period to arrive after the surgery, tried again and was pregnant that very first cycle, even with only one tube! DS born in 2011.

Second ectopic in 2014 after trying for just one month. Baby could not be found anywhere even though hcg was nearing 10,000. Lots of investigations over the next weeks but baby still not found. Massive laparotomy which found baby on my chest wall with a good blood supply. Was nearly 20 weeks but the time it was all over. I had three doses of methotrexate as a precaution. We decided not to try again as Consultant advised a 90% chance of repeat ectopic due to the complicated nature of the previous ectopic.

February 2016...surprise! Pregnant again with baby number 3 due in 9 weeks time!

I'm not going to tell you to not stress over it because once you've had one ectopic, that is an impossible task. So track your ovulation as it's important to keep an eye on dates where ectopic are concerned and take each day as it comes. And if you do fall pregnant, get yourself booked in for a scan asap.

Rubberduck2 Mon 20-Jun-16 02:54:33

I had methotrexate in November for an ectopic. Waited the 3 months and conceived on first cycle in March. Now 17*2! Keep the faith and good luck x

Justpulltheplaster Mon 20-Jun-16 02:59:30

Ectopic and lost left tube

4 DC later......and one of them was with a coil in! Have faith

GreenSand Mon 20-Jun-16 04:46:02

Second cycle post ectopic (minus a tube) to conceive both of mine. Not impossible by an means. flowers

AllyBali123 Mon 20-Jun-16 13:54:52

Thanks folks! So good to hear some positive stories!! Got everything crossed that it doesn't as long as last time and been told they will give me an early scan so that will be good for reassurance! Xx

purpleviolet1 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:03:27

My friend is due in a few weeks after an etopic last April smile

Imps9 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:39:32

Yes, another success story here - ectopic Dec 2015 - conservatively managed so no surgery or methotrexate. BFP February 2016 and am currently 22 weeks.

Best of luck smile

AllyBali123 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:45:29

Aw love it!! Chuffed for you all hope I get my bfp soon!! Xx

WerewolvesNotSwearwolves Mon 20-Jun-16 22:05:57

Another positive story here. Ectopic and tube removal, BFP a few months later. Now have a shouty 1 year old! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now