Talk

Advanced search

Ttc after dh has been using a hot tub - have we ruined our chances?

(16 Posts)
jinglebellmel Sun 19-Jun-16 09:20:05

Stupidly had no idea of the impact hot tubs have on sperm count and so this week we indulged daily while on a short break away. I'm oving now and I'm devistated to have found out that hot tubs are a big no no - don't know how this info passed me by until now.

Anyone managed to conceive after hot tub use? Anyone know much about how badly it effects sperm?

Normandy144 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:24:59

I wouldn't worry - I presume this was a one off and he's not jumping in a hot tub at home everyday? I think in general they advise against things that can raise the temperature of the groin area e.g. Laptops on laps etc, tight underwear, but these aren't things that have lasting effects.

DocMcFanjo Sun 19-Jun-16 09:26:15

Ah it'll be fine. I doubt they're all nuked. In fact a break away with relaxing in a hot tub sounds like an excellent way to start the baby making process IMHOgrin.

Best of luck!

jinglebellmel Sun 19-Jun-16 10:53:52

Thank you both. I'm probably being paranoid as we are just starting again after a miscarriage. The thought of having to wait 3 months for sperm to recover is driving me mad - I should probably just stop googling!

SaveSomeSpendSome Sun 19-Jun-16 11:01:16

3 months for sperm to recover???????

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sun 19-Jun-16 11:03:43

Really you didn't know?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 19-Jun-16 11:05:24

How much hot tub usage are you talking?

SaveSomeSpendSome Sun 19-Jun-16 11:07:12

I had no idea it would affect it. Well if it did affect it i would of thought it would be for a day or so not 3 months!

jinglebellmel Sun 19-Jun-16 11:56:48

No, obviously I didn't know, if I did then I wouldn't have chanced it just after having a miscarriage and being desperate to concieve!

Yep, apparently until new sperm have matured unfortunately Save.

Anchor - 30-60 mins a day for 4 days.

Argh I feel so angry with myself for being so stupid. I know it's only a temporary thing so not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just feels it at the moment.

AliBingo Sun 19-Jun-16 13:55:14

We used our hot tub an hour or so most days and still conceived without any trouble so you're not necessarily out.

Ragwort Sun 19-Jun-16 14:13:59

Really you didn't know?

Is it really common knowledge hmm - what is the difference between using a hot tub and having a bath every night confused.

So glad I am past the child bearing years, so many things you are supposed to know. Anyone seen the hot tub advert on this page?

haveacupoftea Sun 19-Jun-16 14:36:27

Dont stress. New sperm are being made all the time.

jinglebellmel Sun 19-Jun-16 16:45:05

Thanks everyone.

Ali- that's reasuring to know thank you smile

Dangermouse80 Sun 19-Jun-16 19:39:12

We have a hot tub, use it couple of times a week. Conceived after two months of relaxed trying for both kids. Honestly never gave it a second thought. Too much info is dangerous. You can't avoid everything that might have a small impact.

LottieDoubtie Sun 19-Jun-16 19:42:34

I heard this- when I was about 6 months pregnant!

We had a relaxing hot tub week away while I was ovulating with the intention of conceiving PFB. It worked.

jinglebellmel Sun 19-Jun-16 19:52:44

Your hot tub conception stories are giving me some hope, thank you!

Yes too much info is definitely a bad thing (especially if you only discover it after its too late anyway!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now