Talk

Advanced search

Help to avoid disappointment! Can you lend your ear?

(8 Posts)
SophieBear13 Fri 17-Jun-16 12:51:12

Hi,

I would really love some opinions on what's going on with my body!

I'm currently 8dpo, my period is due on Wednesday. No sign of implant ion bleeding or cramping. I have had some weird feelings below my belly button, below my ribs and also in my right side but we are talking tiny twinges and they haven't felt like cramps or anything. Temperature wise since 1dpo it has been 36.3 36.5 36.6 36.3 36.5 36.6 36.6 and then today 36.5 the dip was too soon to be an implantation dip and now it seems like my temperature is just dropping naturally like it would before AF. I did a test and it was negative. We DTD four days in a row before during and after I got a very dark OPK. I'm pretty sure I ovulated when I thought because of the dark OPK and my temperature after that.

It's not looking good is it? My cycles are generally around 24 days.

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Jun-16 15:17:18

Hey,

I don't temp but just interested why you think 8dpo is too early for implantation dip? Doesn't implantation usually happen between 7-10 days?

SophieBear13 Fri 17-Jun-16 16:06:27

The dip was 4dpo xx

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Jun-16 16:09:39

Ah ok, apologies.

I would say that it isn't an exact science and everyone's bodies are different...you aren't out til AF shows up!

Plus you often find the women with lots and lots of symptoms who just 'feel' pregnant are often the ones who feel disappointment - a lot of BFPs on here are from ladies saying they are so shocked because they didn't notice anything different.

So don't worry too much just yet smile

Lozde Sat 18-Jun-16 06:37:48

I found when I was checking and measuring everything that I was putting so much pressure on myself and then the disappointment was getting worse and worse each month. I forced myself to stop and put everything away as it seemed I was just getting stressed. Within 2 months of doing that I got my BFP and didn't test until day I was due on. Believe me I know and understand how hard it is but try and relax as the anxiety and stress won't help X

simplydivine05 Sat 18-Jun-16 12:22:41

I got a major dip at 4dpo last cycle. Confused the heck out of me as I normally dip at 8dpo with a second oestrogen surge. My temp doesn't do until two days before my period so I wouldn't take one temp as a sign if anything. I know it's hard, but hold out a bit longer. I say this after 15 very long "I could be pregnant because I have this different symptom this time" cycles and then devastation when af arrives.

purplepingu Sat 18-Jun-16 15:59:03

That was my dip at 5dpo and I got my BFP this week.

SophieBear13 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:07:25

Thank you everyone! I think it's likely that I'm not!

My dip was only tiny really at 7dpo and the bigger dip was 4dpo but I think that's too early for implantation. No cramps or anything either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now