Talk

Advanced search

What do your ovulation pains feel like?

(8 Posts)
peskyfeelings Thu 16-Jun-16 12:25:39

Only came off the pill three months ago after YEARS on the pill, so feeling really out of rhythm with my body.

I'm fairly sure I am ovulating as I'm getting pains around 14 to 15 days after AF. However they aren't the sharp side pains that I've read I should be getting. They are more lower down in middle of my abdomen and in my vagina/genital area.

Are they ovulation pains or something else? I don't get much in the way of CM or changes in my cervix (the latter feels slightly softer, but nothing like the "feels like your lips" feeling I've read I should get.

Just feeling quite confused, so could do with some input from you wiser women. smile Thank you.

evelynj Thu 16-Jun-16 14:56:51

I'm no expert but have had similar crampy pains to this lately. Think it's probably slightly different for everyone

Willberry Fri 17-Jun-16 01:26:48

I get sharp pain in my pelvis on 1 side followed by ache.

peskyfeelings Fri 17-Jun-16 07:31:20

Sounds like it's different for everyone then. smile

Mine are definitely lower down twinges. Although I've noticed slightly to the right this morning.

So confused as ovulation sticks say I'm not ovulating, but I'm pretty sure I am? Pains at the right time during my cycle, breast tenderness for the last 2 weeks before AF. So confused.

Reading "Taking charge of your fertility" at the moment, but it's a big read!

MrTodd Fri 17-Jun-16 07:35:38

I always know when I ovulate as I get abdominal cramps which seem to be linked to IBS style symptoms. It's really weird, quite painful and goes on for a week or so, then eases up as AF approaches. Doctors have never got to the bottom of it but I have PCOS and fibroids so I suspect one of those is the culprit!

peskyfeelings Fri 17-Jun-16 07:40:11

A week? You have my sympathy MrTodd. sad

I can't believe how stressful it all is! I'm really worried I'm not ovulating at all. I'm scared all these years on the pill have messed my body up.

MrTodd Fri 17-Jun-16 21:49:55

A friend of mine couldn't get on with ovulation sticks and got one of those fertility monitor things which let you know exactly what's going on. It gave her a better idea of how her cycle was working but not sure how pricey they are.

Queenbean Fri 17-Jun-16 21:51:35

I sometimes get ovulation pains which are worst than period pains

It's a much sharper, crampier feeling than the full, dull ache of period pains

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now