no list

(10 Posts)
tamsyn88 Wed 15-Jun-16 13:26:42

Ok first a bit about me I'm 28 and a nurse me and my partner have been ttc for 2 months. As a person who dose worry a lot I would like to do anything that I can to boost my chances to conceive but I think that the no list here are a few that I have found so far

No
Raw or undercooked meet
Raw fish
Soft ice cream
Soft cheese
Pineapple
Pate inc vegetarian
Alcohol (this one is obvious)
Caffeine
Aspartame

These are a few dose anyone else find this exhausting!

On top of this as I'm past my fertility window and waiting to find out if it's successful I could be pregnant and due to my job I am exposed to things like meningitis chicken pox and other things I shouldn't be if I was pregnant I do try and avoid looking after these patients but it's not alway possible

I do know that I'm probably going over bored but I like control and I know when it comes to pregnancy and birth there is little control so this is my way of having some control

Dose any one else feel this way?
And please feel free to tell me some of the no's that people have told you smile

underrugsswept Wed 15-Jun-16 19:05:44

In my experience you really don't need to restrict your diet until you're actually pregnant. Both times I've got pregnant I went out drinking after I conceived (second time was after 5 months of trying and I was sick of being 'good' I.e barely drinking for 2 weeks every month).

In my opinion you'd be better making sure you eat a varied diet, perhaps take some conception vitamins, relax and have lots of sex. Even many of the things on your list eg soft cheese (pasteurised soft cheese is fine, mould-ripened isn't) and pineapple aren't even restricted when pregnant! You'll be going without plenty of things when you're pregnant - don't torture yourself unnecessarily now.

underrugsswept Wed 15-Jun-16 19:07:11

The only things in your list I cut down on was caffeine (all month) and alcohol (when in the two weeks after ovulation only).

CharminglyGawky Wed 15-Jun-16 19:13:25

It isn't all soft cheeses!

You need to avoid mould ripened ones like Brie and Camembert, blues are out as well but soft cheeses like cream cheeses and mozzarella are fine as long as they are made with pasteurised milk! (I looked this up a few weeks ago on the nhs website after finding out I was pregnant and wanted the mozzarella in the fridge!)

You can also eat all soft cheeses including mould ripened ones as long as they are cooked through.

I'm not finding it too bad, although the well done steak was very disappointing!

CharminglyGawky Wed 15-Jun-16 19:15:32

But I didn't restrict my food at all until after I found out I actually was pregnant. We were TTC for months and months, I'd have gone crazy!

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:29:02

Wait until you're pregnant! Though I know it's hard not to jump the gun, nothing on your list is really applicable right now.

MrsGsnow18 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:45:43

I have just cut out most caffeine ( drinking decaf when I can) and cut out alcohol completely.
Recently there was something on here about pineapple being good for ttc!!

natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-pineapple-for-implantation.html

TryingToStayRational Wed 15-Jun-16 20:48:04

Re the infections you encounter at work I would check with your GP if I were you - you can be tested for rubella and chickenpox immunity and possibly others too, which might help put your mind at ease. As others have said try not to worry too much about avoiding foods until you are actually pregnant, but if you want to know the things to avoid the NHS choices website has a list - there are a lot of old wives tales about so it would be a shame to deprive yourself of anything you like unnecessarily! Good luck, hope you soon get a BFP :-)

broodypsycho Wed 15-Jun-16 20:50:50

Eating healthy is a must while ttc but I honestly wouldn't go over board. Hopefully it won't take you long to get pregnant but if you do, you don't want to live your life round it. I'm onto my 14 month and while I've toned down my drinking, im not going to stop enjoying myself and letting this ttc malarkey get me down and run my life more than its doing already. Eat healthy and have a good time n have lots of baby dancing. Good luck

Willberry Fri 17-Jun-16 01:57:30

You could also speak to occupational health at your work about immunity tests and vaccinations. Follow infection control procedures when working with infected patients and once you are pregnant discuss with your manager and occupational health about what the policies are. In my team we would not let a oregnant staff member work with infectious patients, we would swap if necessary to avoid this. Don't think theres much you can do whilst ttc though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now