Talk

Advanced search

Acupuncture for infertility

(10 Posts)
JustHereForThePooStories Sun 12-Jun-16 19:43:16

Has anyone any experience; good or bad?

Also, stupid question, but where do they put the needles?

maplebaby Sun 12-Jun-16 21:45:58

Hi OP - I've literally just started acupuncture, had my first session on Wednesday so not sure about whether it will help!

But I had needles on on top of foot, one in ankle, one on leg, about 5 on my tum and 1 on my hand (on both sides).

Interested in hearing other people's stories / experience!

MagpieCursedTea Sun 12-Jun-16 21:47:21

I had it and am now 10 weeks pregnant and am continuing to have it. I absolutely love it and really do believe it contributed to me getting pregnant. There are various points I have needles put in depending on where I was in my cycle and what else I had going on. These included my abdomen, hands, feet, legs and head. I've even had them in my ears.

InanimateCarbonRod Sun 12-Jun-16 21:48:42

Watching with interest. Starting IVF in the next two months.

maplebaby Sun 12-Jun-16 21:50:04

Oh I also think it depends on what she "diagnoses" you with - I was told I have a spleen deficiency so she was targeting points relating to my spleen!

maplebaby Sun 12-Jun-16 21:51:41

Magpie do you mind me asking how long it took between starting and bfp?

Appreciate it can take a good few sessions - certainly not expecting any immediate results - I'm on cycle 16 and have unexplained infertility.

Beansprout30 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:54:20

I had acupuncture and believe it helped us concieve. I used to ovulate on day 18/19 and she got me ovulating bang on day 14 so there was definitely a change there. She put needles mainly in my ankles/feet and also used a moxa stick on my lower back to warm me up. When I first saw her I asked how long she thought it might take 'to work' and she said two months and she thought I'd be pregnant. I got a bfp after my 8th session. If you can afford it id say try it

JustHereForThePooStories Mon 13-Jun-16 09:36:00

Thanks all.

Some very positive stories here. Will give it a go.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Mon 13-Jun-16 09:39:30

I had it with cycles 1 & 2 of my IVF, conceived DS on cycle 3.
However, I've always had quite light periods &'so the acupuncturist said he would work on trying to thicken the lining of the womb to make it as hospitable as possible. The next period I had was the heaviest I've ever had - so I do believe the acupuncture did something.
I also found acupuncture extremely relaxing and it was nice to be able to do SOMETHING, it gave me a feeling of being in (a little bit) of control

MagpieCursedTea Mon 13-Jun-16 13:36:57

Maple I started going in December and am now 10 weeks pregnant. I'd been bleeding continuously for 3 months when I started my sessions so she dealt with that first before trying to get me ovulating. I conceived the first time I ovulated. My acupuncturist knew I was pregnant before I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now