Talk

Advanced search

Mittelschmerz and OPK - advice needed from all you ovulation experts!!!

(7 Posts)
LondonBerry Mon 06-Jun-16 11:01:05

I had ovulation pain this morning at 9am. Sharp stabbing pain for a few minutes in left ovary. Then I used an ovulation test strip and its positive.

So we did the BD at 10am.

Questions:

-How many hours am I now fertile for?

-What time is ideal to to the BD again?

-Should we do the BD again in 12 hours time? so 10pm tonight?

-Or 24 hours time? Say 10am tomorrow morning? Or is that too late?

Would love your opinions!!!!

Allium40 Mon 06-Jun-16 12:08:44

SMEP says do it every day for 3 days once you get the opk positive. Good luck! x

LondonBerry Mon 06-Jun-16 16:45:41

Thanksalium40

Any other opinions???

MrsGsnow18 Mon 06-Jun-16 17:50:33

Everyday day but not twice in a day as a read somewhere online or maybe watched on the great sperm race that dtd twice in one day can lower quality of sperm.

haveacupoftea Mon 06-Jun-16 18:06:17

I read that morning is best as the sperm have time to build up. However it is supposed to be best to dtd 2 days before ovulation if you want to conceive. The clock is ticking on your egg from the minute it is released. Hopefully some of this mornings swimmers will be there to meet it smile

HungryHorace Mon 06-Jun-16 20:01:42

Sperm isn't capable of fertilising an egg until it's been inside you 10 hours, so that needs to be factored in.

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Mon 06-Jun-16 20:45:05

Ok, this is my experience as I honestly thought we'd missed it this month.

Got a negative ov test PM of CD12, then a positive AM on CD13. I got some serious ov pains by lunchtime which tailed off by the evening. DH &I DTD that night and again the following night and I am now pregnant! smile
No sex on previous day's which may have already been floating around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now