Need advice about missed ovulation, LH surges and missed period.

(6 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Sat 04-Jun-16 12:03:59

I'm in desperate need of advice.

I'm currently TTC DC2 and on my first cycle.

I had positive OPKs on the 21st/22nd May and DTD in my fertile week. I don't do temping to confirm ovulation but I recall a very sharp pain in my side on the 22nd although I can't remember if I had any EWCM.

Anyway, in my TWW I started having flecks of old blood on my tissue after wiping after a wee and this started on about 8dpo and continued each day and on 11dpo I had lots of the brown/orange blood and so I assumed it was implantation bleeding.

Anyway, CD31 today and my period is due today with no sign. I have been using HPTs over the last few days, including and getting repeated BFNs.

This morning I used an OPK and got a very strong line, not quite positive, but almost. I got excited, thought it might be detecting HCG but then another FRER was BFN. By now I resigned myself to the fact that I hadn't conceived.

Anyway, I went to the toilet a short while ago for a wee only to find lots of EWCM in my underwear and also lots on the tissue when I wiped? I don't understand it?

Maybe I didn't actually ovulate last month despite my LSH surge but why haven't I had my period as normal?

And why in the absence of a period have I had a strong OPK this morning (I will test again later) followed by copious amounts of EWCM?

Any thoughts gratefully received

SolomanDaisy Sat 04-Jun-16 12:10:25

If your body builds up to ovulate and doesn't, you usually won't have a period until two weeks after you do ovulate. So you cod be ovulating now.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 04-Jun-16 12:14:01

But if I did ovulate on the 22nd May wouldn't I have had my period as normal which is due today?

Why would I have bypassed my period and instead be ovulating again?

That's what I don't understand confused

Writerwannabe83 Sat 04-Jun-16 12:14:37

Or do you think I should just assume I didn't actually ovulate last month?

Osirus Sat 04-Jun-16 13:05:21

You can ovulate up to 72 hours after a positive OPK (positive being when the line is as dark or darker than the control line). It may be that you are not late yet.

Also, it's not uncommon to get EWCM before or during your period - I've had this in the past. As you are probably aware, TTC is not an exact science and some cycles are different to others. Your luteal phase can vary sometimes by a day or two, and ovulation can vary widely. I've been known to ovulate anytime from day 10 to 16.

If you are getting negative pregnancy tests on the day you think you are due you are probably not pregnant this time. I've had actual positive OPKs on the day my period is due and wasn't pregnant. I think getting strong or positive OPKs around this time is really common. Do not rely on them to detect pregnancy. Also, you should consider any ovulation test to be an absolute negative if the test line is fainter than the control line, even if it appears to be "strong". Use pregnancy tests for detecting pregnancy.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 04-Jun-16 15:35:47

Thank you Osirus - I will just wait patiently for my period then and carrying on DTD regularly. I've just done another OPK and it was practically negative so I'm definitely not ovulating. I will just assume I ovulated later in May than I thought and so things are a bit behind schedule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now