Talk

Advanced search

Clomid - BFP on CD 18 - Clearblue 2-3 weeks

(12 Posts)
ElmoNY Fri 03-Jun-16 22:59:03

Hi all, wondering if any other Clomid users have experienced this?
Usually don't even ovulate til CD 18, this is my third month taking Clomid 50mg CD 1-5, and from OPKS and a scan in a previous month, Clomid did seem to bring my ovulation date a few days forward, maybe CD 14 or so.
This month after getting positive OPKS for 5 consecutive days on CD 's 13 through to 17, and having run out of OPKS, I took a HPT and got a line straight away, very clear. Took clearblue digital conception indicator test on evening of cd 18 and it read 1-2 weeks pregnant. Took it again this morning CD 19 and it reads 2-3 weeks pregnant.

Having suffered two previous miscarriages while not on clomid I'm afraid to hope that this might be true. It seems ridiculously early to get a BFP ( especially after 5 days of +OPK's).

I usually have fairly normal 28 -32 day cycle with slightly later ovulation, maybe cd17 or 18 would be normal.

I had taken a HPT on the morning my last period arrived and it was negative, period was normal so I don't think it could be from previous month.

Anybody any experience of such an early BFP? With or without Clomid? I don't feel pregnant, no major symptoms, not tired.

Honeybeez1986 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:25:54

Very sorry to hear about ur mc 👎🏼👎🏼I'm not sure about the bfp being early but I conceived on my 5th cycle, u can ovulate quite early in it from what I was told, congratulations on ur bfp I hope it's a sticky one this time, ❤️

ElmoNY Sat 04-Jun-16 12:23:53

Thanks Honeybeez, I'm really really hoping it's a sticky one too. Or sticky two even, as HCG seems to be rising so quickly so early on. I'm guessing I must have ovulated on CD 8 or 9 for a BFP to show up so clearly by CD18, and even at that the string of positive OPKS on CD 13 to 17 are confusing me.

Will be doing a CB Digital again maybe Monday morning to see how many weeks it shows up by then.

As I have about another 10 days to go until my period is actually due, and im away a few days in the meantime, it's my only way of checking and guessing at what might be happening.

I'm guessing if you can usually get an early scan privately from 7/8 weeks, I only need to wait another 3/4 weeks to go do that, so maybe two weeks after my period is due. Hopefully all will go well in the meantime.

Honeybeez1986 Sat 04-Jun-16 12:52:34

You can get a early scan, they start from 7 weeks, I'm currently 4 and hoping to go for one about 7 too 😀 I've read on a few threads u can get a positive opk when pregnant? Maybe that's y?!

ElmoNY Sat 04-Jun-16 13:12:07

Oh congrats, hope all will go well for you!

Yes I've heard about OPK s being used as HPT but then the OPK was potentially showing a BFP since CD 13!

And if I was pregnant the prior month and still had a 'period' then id now be about 7 weeks along and CB Digital shold probably be showing more than 2-3 weeks....But I've had no real symptoms either way.

Honeybeez1986 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:19:46

How are things going

ElmoNY Thu 09-Jun-16 20:41:32

Hi Honeybeez, I don't think things are going to well.... got 2-3 weeks last night on CB Digital, did another this morning and it has gone back to 1-2 weeks. Really don't have many symptoms, no nausea or tiredness so I'm guessing it will be a chemical pregnancy have another digital to do tomorrow morning, it will be 7 days then since I got a 2-3 wk indicator, so if it's still 1-2 tomorrow I guess that's that. Still slightly hoping it was a faulty test this morning.

It's only my third month on clomid, I'd been prescribed it for days 1-5, but maybe if it was changed to day 3-7 or later it may improve egg quality.

Thanks for your concern. Getting such an early BFP I've been suspicious all along of it so haven't really got my hopes up too much. At least I know the clomid did something,, had been TTC 18 months before my previous miscarriage with no fertility drugs, with clomid something has happened after 3 months.

Hope all is going well for you?

ElmoNY Fri 10-Jun-16 08:28:11

CB Digital is at 2-3 again this morning, 7 days since I first got 2-3. Fingers crossed. Will test again Sunday.

KP86 Fri 10-Jun-16 08:30:40

Fingers crossed for you.

ElmoNY Fri 10-Jun-16 09:00:15

Thanks. After 2 other missed miscarriages at 9 and 11 weeks I'm hoping and praying.

Honeybeez1986 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:15:53

Hope it all goes well hun,
Lots of baby dust your way. Xx

Honeybeez1986 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:16:20

I hope it keeps going up and you get ur 3+ weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now