Clearblue dual hormone monitor

(7 Posts)
Babybee88 Fri 03-Jun-16 08:06:06

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the CB dual hormone monitor, as I can't find my answer through Google. Last cycle I used the CB dual hormone fertility monitor and got my peak on the 9th test, so I had one stick left. I'm due to ovulate any day now and decided to use the last stick this morning but got a blank circle (negative). Is this because it's the first day using it of my new cycle? I had assumed that it only measured your baseline from the very first time you use it, ie. the first day of cycle one, not the first day of cycle two? Can anyone help?? confused

Justkeepswimming99 Fri 03-Jun-16 10:09:43

I think it's always a circle on day one of testing, setting our baseline again. Can you get any more sticks today? The helpline is good if you give them a call x

Babybee88 Fri 03-Jun-16 14:04:50

I don't think I'll be able to get more sticks today unfortunately, oh well! Hopefully it was just setting a baseline and a false negative smile

katand2kits Fri 03-Jun-16 21:25:09

Are you talking about the actual monitor, or just the dual hormone sticks that you use on their own? If it is just a stick (the ones with the smiley faces on the stick themselves) then no, it isn't setting a baseline, it just goes with what it reads. If it is the monitor that you insert sticks into, then to a certain extent it does get to know you, but nevertheless, it would still read positive if you were actually ovulating.

Babybee88 Fri 03-Jun-16 22:33:57

Yes it's the actual monitor I was using where you get 10 or 20 sticks with it and insert them into the monitor. Aah okay so maybe I'm not ovulating yet, although I would've thought I'd get at least a flashing smiley today confused

Whatsername17 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:21:13

It would detect lh surge on the first use buy not estrogen rise. In all likelihood you have tested too early to get your lh sure and your estrogen level would have been your Base line resulting in an empty circle. I used them on the cycle I conceived and had one stick left when I found out I was pregnant. Id had my peak two weeks earlier so it was the first time using it after that. I got a 'peak' smiley face reading because it recognised the hcg when it was looking for lh.

Babybee88 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:13:20

Thanks whatsername that makes sense

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now