Talk

Advanced search

Starting IVF, low AMH, any success stories?

(8 Posts)
NoPlanYet Thu 02-Jun-16 22:04:42

I'm starting IVF next month? 36 with one very healthy easy pregnancy DC 2.5, ttc for a year and no luck. No male factor issues.

Recently diagnosed with AMH of 2.9 so low for my age. That's about all I know. Dr was happy to recommend IVF but keen to emphasise there are no guarantees.

Anyone had success with similar AMH / circs? I feel fairly confident my body can maintain a pregnancy as it did once, no idea how realistic that is though or whether DC is a fluke.

No idea if there are any decent eggs remaining. Scared I'll have to face a future with no more DC, I daren't get my hopes up at the moment.

Would love to hear from people who beat the odds smile

NoPlanYet Fri 03-Jun-16 10:11:04

Bump

Imps9 Fri 03-Jun-16 10:44:27

Hi there

There have been many people on the thread I'm on who have had natural and IVF pregnancies which an AMH of that level and lower. There will definitely be eggs and you will have DC2. Keep the faith, as hard as it can be at times.

Best of luck smile

Imps9 Fri 03-Jun-16 10:59:19

^with, not which

NoPlanYet Fri 03-Jun-16 11:05:33

Thanks Imp. What thread is that? It would be nice to read some stories of it working out.

Imps9 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:10:46

I'm on the Brooking No Argument thread (in conception). Loads of long-term TTC success stories to hear about there.

Imps9 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:11:47

You may want to try posting on the infertility boards too if you haven't already.

Chintaria Sat 04-Jun-16 16:13:01

Hi NoPlan,

I was in your position a few years ago - with an AMH level of 0.2 I was desperate to find stories of success but didn't find many. We had five rounds of IVF trying for dc2 (changed hospitals after four rounds as they wouldn't change the protocol) but the final round was lucky and we had my dd who is now 2.
I was very careful with what I ate & drank (no caffeine), and took lots of supplements (co-enzyme Q10, fresh Royal Jelly capsules, spirilina, low dose of DHEA for a little while, high dose of folic acid etc). I thought it was worth trying everything I could but I'll never know if any of that helped!
The cycle that worked was a short protocol, so no downregging really. It was also ICSI so they could choose the best sperm, and I took steroids during and just after ovulation.

Personally, although the road was a difficult one, I never gave up hope. I just kept trying for as long as I could, and am so glad it turned out well. I have since heard of plenty of people with low AMH who have gone on to have healthy full term pregnancies, both naturally and through IVF. Just wish I had been able to find those stories in my dark days!
Good luck & I hope that IVF works for you quickly! If you'd like to pm me to ask any other questions please feel free smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now