Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

He doesn't want a child and I do!

(5 Posts)
Bubbles58 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:23:17

Hiya, I'm hoping you lovely ladies can help me!
My partner of 4 years doesn't want a child with me. He has 3 children from a previously relationship and I have 1 from a former relationship also.
We are amazing together and love each other very deeply, we have a great relationship and I can't image life without him. Ive had a lot of crappy bfs and know he is good man one!
He doesn't want more children as we have 4 in total and finiancial it cost us a lot of money. However I have only the one, I never thought I would only have one and we both have well paid jobs!
It's so hard for me to make a decision, there is no way he will change his mind and I don't want to try and persuade him either!
I have to choose between him or a having another child. It's heartbreaking to think this could be the end but I need to make a decision. The kids we have are already building a blended family life and it can't continue with me not knowing what to do!
I feel unfair on my child, the others have each other but mine is all alone and she has expressed this feeling to me.
What would you do?

expatinscotland Wed 01-Jun-16 17:25:50

I'd leave him and have a child on my own.

physicskate Wed 01-Jun-16 17:50:24

If it's a deal-breaker for you, then you should end it. If you could come round to the idea, stick with it!

I have a friend who wanted the man over having kids, but for me it would be a deal-breaker!

Junosmum Wed 01-Jun-16 22:59:27

I think he's very sensible not wanting yo bring a child in to the world without considering how you will afford it.

You can't force him to want a child nor would it be a good idea to get pregnant without his agreement.

You need to decide which is more important to you.

babydances Wed 01-Jun-16 23:53:08

My dp has been adamant he didn't want anymore children and after years of saying no he has finally agreed. Even now he looks terrified but he has said he will have a lo because I really want a 2nd and DC can have a sibling which he now recognises is important. I wouldn't completely give up hope as he could change his mind? Or maybe even tell him that you feel so strongly that u r questioning where to go from him and see if that makes a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now