Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant

(18 Posts)
Robbins81 Tue 31-May-16 13:59:03

Hi ladies,

Was just wondering if any of you could share your stories. I had a miscarraige at 10 weeks in March. We left it 1 cycle before trying again, so this is our first cycle of trying again.

This morning I done a Internet cheapy(20 mlu) with fmu and a very very faint line appeared, I popped into town to get a superdrug early detection ( 10mlu) which I done this afternoon and its negative sad just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this?

hanflan Tue 31-May-16 14:12:48

If this mornings test was with your first wee, there is a chance that this afternoons wee was more dilute so won't have been strong enough for the test.
Try again tomorrow morning with first wee with another cheapy! Hopefully the line should be a little bit darker smile

PotteringAlong Tue 31-May-16 14:13:41

Have you had negative tests since your miscarriage?

Robbins81 Tue 31-May-16 14:21:07

Thanks hanflan, that's what I'm hoping smile

Potteringalong, yeah I tested negative 3 weeks after the miscarriage so I know it's not left over hcg.

Robbins81 Tue 31-May-16 14:47:07

Here is the test in question, the top is the hcg and below is a old opk, it's very faint but hoping the photo managed to pick it up just above the second line of the opk.

Yasziieboo Tue 31-May-16 16:47:19

Right guys I'm confused. My expected next irregular period was due 4 days ago.. I last slept with my partner 10 days ago I'm still waiting for a period since the 9th may. Did I do one wrong or the other? The faint one is from peeing on the stick and the other one is from dipping into a little container so don't know which one is right confused

Robbins81 Tue 31-May-16 18:29:42

Anyone else?

INeedNewShoes Tue 31-May-16 18:35:01

Robbins I'd do another one in the morning with FMU. The line should be a little darker than today's if it's a BFP.

Fingers crossed!

ShesElectric Tue 31-May-16 18:36:44

Robbins81, that green one is definitely definitely positive.

I'm also sure I can see the faintest of lines on the other one but I would bet that the reason why is because you've done it later in the day. Test again with fmu but there's no way you're not pregnant, the first one is clear.

Congratulations flowers.

INeedNewShoes Tue 31-May-16 18:39:18

But the green one is an OPK, not an HPT?

ShesElectric Tue 31-May-16 18:39:39

Yaszieboo, the bottom one looks like it hasn't been done properly as there isn't a proper control line. I would re-test. Hope you get the outcome you want flowers.

ShesElectric Tue 31-May-16 18:42:23

Sorry, I missed that the green one was an OPK. I'm not sure then.

haveacupoftea Tue 31-May-16 20:54:12

It takes a while for the hormones to settle Robbins. Take a FRER tomorrow with FMU.

Robbins81 Tue 31-May-16 21:01:09

Haveacupoftea, I've had many negative tests since my miscarriage and a period this isn't left over hormones.

haveacupoftea Tue 31-May-16 21:04:16

Sorry i mean the hcg in early pregnancy. I had this situation and phoned the EPU in despair, the nurse said its not out of the ordinary to get BFP followed by BFN followed by BFP due to hormones settling. Turned out to be a chem in my case but i'm sure you'll get another BFP with FMU tomorrow smile

Robbins81 Wed 01-Jun-16 09:40:06

Morning,

Thought I would update as Its really annoying when people don't!

I didn't have anymore early detection tests so just did a ic and it's completely negative, feeling very sick again today. Period is due on Saterday so will have to wait and see xx

INeedNewShoes Wed 01-Jun-16 10:03:07

Morning Robbins . I found that my internet cheapies that were supposed to be sensitive at 10mlu were less sensitive than shop-bought Superdrug, Lloyds pharmacy and First Response tests. If I were you I'd wait a couple of days and test again with one of these to be sure.

Hang in there. I've just had a miscarriage and I know I'm going to find ttc all the more stressful this time around.

Robbins81 Wed 01-Jun-16 10:17:53

Thanks ineednewnewshoes x

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, it's the saddest thing I've ever been through, hope your ok. Fingers crossed for our bfp's soon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now