Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible?

(7 Posts)
MrsDarlingGirl Mon 30-May-16 22:08:12

We are TTC DC2 have only been trying for a month so we are quite chilled so far but just out of interest.....

Is it really possible to get a negative HPT at 15dpo but still be PG??

My period was due Friday but so far no show. I had a smiley on CB digi on CD25 and I'm now on CD43 of a 39 day cycle (normally). I tested on Saturday BFN but no sign of AF. When I got PG with DC1 I got a positive HPT on cycle day 14 or 15 I think. One hears about these stories of getting negatives but really being PG but does it really happen??

MrsDarlingGirl Tue 31-May-16 16:49:47

Bump

Allium40 Tue 31-May-16 17:56:33

I guess it depends how long your lp is. I would def test again! Good luck!

MrsDarlingGirl Tue 31-May-16 19:34:39

Mmm - maybe I should test tomorrow. I thought my LP was about 14 days but maybe something has gone a bit haywire this month.

Don't want to get hopes up - so trying to manage my expectations!

Thanks Allium.

physicskate Tue 31-May-16 21:16:12

As soon as I started TTC, my cycles went a bit haywire. Maybe you didn't ovulate after the smiley and so you ovulated later than you thought? Positive opks only mean you geared up to ovulate, not that you did. Combining bbt temping with opks would tell you if you did or not...

MrsDarlingGirl Thu 02-Jun-16 19:49:16

Yeah that could be it. Tested again and still BFN. It's so frustrating as I just want AF now so I can't start my next cycle. Flipping AF is now nearly a week late! Grrr!!!

I'm really trying to be chilled about TTC but AF messing about doesn't help.

Ellie06 Thu 02-Jun-16 20:36:14

I don't want to worry you but my friend was in a similar situation, only started getting positives and symptoms over a week after her period was due. Turned out to be ectopic and she unfortunately lost it a few weeks later. If AF doesn't turn up I'd talk to a doctor just incase. (Ectopic pregnancies usually have really low hormone levels so they don't always show up on tests.)

Having said that my cycles also changed when I started TTC, they went from 28-34 days, to spot on 29 days every time. So it could just be your body reacting to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now