Talk

Advanced search

Dr says I no longer have PCOS?!?!?

(7 Posts)
KimH15 Mon 30-May-16 16:59:58

Hi all,

I have just joined the site and wanted to know if anyone has had the same experience. My DH and I have just started trying for a baby, so having been diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 I thought it wise to speak to my GP to see what's what. I moved house a while ago and have a new GP who is great, and while chatting and going over my records from last GP he explained that while my original tests showed PCOS, a scan from last year shows I no longer have any cysts on either of my ovaries and my previous GP received a letter from my gynaecologist saying that there were no further signs of PCOS. As my AF is now fairly regular my GP explained that my PCOS could have just gone! Now, I've never heard of this and I was so angry that my previous GP didn't give me this information. I'm due for blood tests and another scan to hopefully get a straight answer, but I just wondered if anyone here has ever had the same experience? Can PCOS just disappear?

evilnaggingwife Mon 30-May-16 23:09:03

I had this. Was diagnosed at 18, pretty bad cysts, hair, 3 periods a year. Very irregular. put on pill. I worried about getting pregnant for most of my 20s and feared I'd never be a mum. Met my dh, decided to have a baby... Went for a "is everything working scan" and cysts pretty much gone, obviously pill made other symptoms go (regular "cycle" and less hair). Then came off pill and got a regular 28 day cycle, fell pregnant after 6 or so months, and now my cycle is 26-32 days each month and has been like that since the birth of my baby hmm

neolara Mon 30-May-16 23:11:57

Me too. Diagnosed at 18 with typical symptoms. Went on pill for 20 years. Scan for some reason. No cysts, three dcs, no problems getting pregnant.

Fluffyseagull Tue 31-May-16 09:54:11

Im the opposite i developed it just as i was ttc!hmm

Moon2015 Tue 31-May-16 12:17:02

Thank you so much for your responses evilnaggingwife and neolara, it's great to hear that not only have you had the same thing but managed to conceive too! That's given me a huge boost smile

Sorry to hear that fluffyseagull, but hopefully this post shows that things can change for the better smile

Moon2015 Tue 31-May-16 12:17:35

Thank you so much for your responses evilnaggingwife and neolara, it's great to hear that not only have you had the same thing but managed to conceive too! That's given me a huge boost smile

Sorry to hear that fluffyseagull, but hopefully this post shows that things can change for the better smile

Moon2015 Tue 31-May-16 12:23:59

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now