Is this a positive...could it be a false positive??

(10 Posts)
PetiteChouette Mon 30-May-16 10:41:45

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate some guidance as I'm coming towards to the end of my first IVF cycle. My official testing day is tomorrow, but I'm flying to the US today, so wanted to test with DH.

I took a ClearBlue blue dye test and got a faint positive straightaway. I'm not sure whether to believe it as I was convinced IVF hadn't worked....apart from needing the toilet all the time, I've got no other symptoms. I was expecting darker nipples like when I had my trigger shot.

Anyway...what do you think? And could it be a false positive?

Thanks,

Petite Chouette

GooseRocks Mon 30-May-16 10:57:31

Looks like a positive to me! Faint because you've tested early. I had similar faint result when I tested early, DD is 11 next month!

Congrats and good luck to you flowers

Junosmum Mon 30-May-16 10:58:25

I've heard, depending on the type of ivf you've had that if are injecting hormones that you can get false positives on pregnancy tests.

However that looks very positive to me.

PetiteChouette Mon 30-May-16 11:09:41

Thanks! I have my fingers and toes crossed that it's real. My IVF was a light stimulation cycle, as they thought one of my ovaries was polycystic and were worried about overstimulation. I've not been injecting anything since my triggershot, which was back on 15th. So more than 2 weeks ago. I am taking progesterone suppositories, but they shouldn't give a false positive.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about the type of test I used...as I read you can get false positives on blue dye tests.

But thanks again, you've given me hope...I'm going to test again tomorrow and try a different kind of test I think. smile

HungryHorace Mon 30-May-16 12:02:34

That's not even faint! And it doesn't look like a false positive to me (been there, done that, on those bloody tests!).

Congratulations!

Osirus Mon 30-May-16 12:46:15

Your trigger shot should be out of your system by now, so would say that is certainly positive. Congrats! I conceived on our first IVF cycle and am due in a few weeks.

PetiteChouette Mon 30-May-16 13:29:59

Thanks HungryHorace, it's good to hear it doesn't look like a false positive! That was my biggest fear.

Orirus - thanks!! Good luck for a few weeks time!

PetiteChouette Thu 23-Jun-16 20:40:15

By way of a very late update...I was very right to be dupious about the result. The next test was weaker and I'd say negative...despite a small line. I bleed a few days later. Gut knows when things things are wrong. No words please. sad

haveacupoftea Thu 23-Jun-16 23:26:02

There are no words...just know you are not alone xx

MaGratgarlik1983 Thu 23-Jun-16 23:52:37

Happened to us too the first time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now