Dark OPK at CD3?!

(9 Posts)
fuzzinmybrain Sun 29-May-16 22:31:17

Hi all!

I'm on CD3 and took an OPK twice today (can’t help my poas addiction) and the line had darkened by quite a bit…

I know this isn’t quite a positive yet, but I’m back wondering whether it’s normal to have such a dark OPK at CD3?! My cycle seems to have regulated to 24-25 days and my period only lasts around 2 days.

Flufflepuff Sun 29-May-16 23:13:57

Did you try last month? Take a PG test. I've had this a few times and it's turned out to be pregnancies. They turned into miscarriages for me sadly but others have had them just fine.

fuzzinmybrain Sun 29-May-16 23:24:41

Hi Flufflepuff, thanks for your reply! I'm definitely not pregnant, I tested just yesterday...

A two-day period is pretty normal for me since coming off the pill, I just can't believe I'm ovulating so early - last month's OPK was positive on CD7.

So sorry to hear about your miscarriages sadflowers

paxillin Sun 29-May-16 23:38:24

OPKs can pick up a pregnancy before HPTs. Do a Frer in a couple of days.

fuzzinmybrain Mon 30-May-16 00:19:19

Hmm paxillin, I'll keep seeing what happens with my OPKs, but I really think it's highly unlikely I'm pregnant (as much as I would love to be!)

Is it really unusual to have positive OPKs so early on in a cycle? I had blood tests done by GP last month, and everything came out fine, so I guess it rules out pcos and other scary stuff I found with a quick google..? Oh well, I guess this means we'll have to dtd for three weeks solid confused grin

PinkParsnips Mon 30-May-16 08:56:56

I have PCOS and I could be wrong but I think it can only be diagnosed by a scan. Not saying you have it, but I know ov tests don't work for some people who have it. They always worked fine for me though and although it's darker I wouldn't say your 2nd test is a positive so it might just be a random hormone surge.

fuzzinmybrain Mon 30-May-16 10:55:48

Hi PinkParsnips! Do you know if, with pcos, my opks would always show the presence of LH throughout my cycle? I'll keep testing and see what happens...

PinkParsnips Mon 30-May-16 15:49:39

My opks always showed a line every day but nothing near positive and then there was a definite surge at ovulation which was much darker / as dark as control line but I know some women with PCOS don't get good results with them.

Is this the first month you've used them?

And you definitely 100% can't be pregnant? I knew I was pregnant both times as my opks were dark at the wrong time!!

fuzzinmybrain Wed 01-Jun-16 17:24:59

This is the second month I'm using OPKs and I'm absolutely sure I'm not pregnant (unfortunately).

I've been doing OPKs all week and they haven't gotten any darker so I'm assuming a surge hasn't happened yet.. Today's tests looked a bit lighter but I'm trying to not read too much into it and just keep dtd! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now