ttc sex in the shower?

(12 Posts)
opalescent Thu 26-May-16 13:54:03

Ok without wanting to sound like a teenager (which I am FAR from blush) can anyone see a reason that sex in the shower would not be good for ttc? Is the gravity of standing up an issue or not? Are Shower gel or water bad for sperm?

Yes, I'm serious!!

useyourimagination Thu 26-May-16 13:55:32

No idea about TTC - I'd be more worried about slipping and hurting myself/my partner.

broodypsycho Thu 26-May-16 16:22:51

I don't see why not op, but personally I like for him to finish when im underneath, ive heard those positions are the best for ttc. Shower sex leave that for fun and stick to the old missionary in your fertile window but it can't hurt

FaFoutis Thu 26-May-16 16:24:35

It wouldn't be ideal for ttc. The sperm doesn't get as much chance to get up there.

Junosmum Thu 26-May-16 16:24:51

It's fine. You can so get pregnant standing up (I got pregnant being on top). The important thing about ttc is keeping the sex fun. So if doing it in the shower is fun then do it!

WellErrr Thu 26-May-16 16:45:19

You can't get pregnant standing up.

You can by sharing a toilet seat or towels though - perhaps try that?

grin

Osirus Thu 26-May-16 17:21:47

Standing up won't cause much of an issue. I don't think sperm would like shower gel or water though!

barbet Thu 26-May-16 18:21:58

Well if it was a form of safe sex then there'd be a lot of problems solved and a water shortage.

However, it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be (water is NOT a lubricant it turns out) and TBH for those few short fertile days it's probably best to aim for boring normal stuff.

BoBo90 Thu 26-May-16 19:45:38

You can conceive in that position but water is very bad for sperm so it's probably not worth it smile

opalescent Thu 26-May-16 21:32:38

Why is water bad for sperm? Context to this is that the shower works for us as a couple: not exclusively you understand, but it's a good (discreet) place to quickly escape ds1 when regular dtd is required around ovulation!!

haveacupoftea Thu 26-May-16 21:42:10

Go to the shower and turn the water off? Lol

BoBo90 Thu 26-May-16 23:17:49

You know it might be fine actually! I think I'm getting muddled up and thinking of saliva which is bad for sperm! 😫 I've read so much ttc stuff my brain can't handle it haha
Good luck 😉🚿🍼🎉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now