Talk

Advanced search

10miu IC tests

(5 Posts)
PrincessPlod Wed 25-May-16 07:30:53

Are they really that sensitive? What was the earliest you got a bfp? I've got 30 of them and thinking I will start testing from 9dpo. Is that too early?

chloechloe Wed 25-May-16 08:36:44

Maybe, maybe not too early. There's no harm in trying, especially if you bear in mind you could get a false negative.

First BFP I had a negative on 9dpo and a very faint positive on 10dpo (it only came up when it had dried). A blood test later that day showed 12 iu/L ( or whatever the measurement is).

Second BFP I had a positive on 9dpo (again very faint, came up outside the timeframe). Blood test the next day showed 60ish iu/L.

Both were IVF pregnancies - the first was an early blast and the second a blast which I guess explains why I tested positive earlier the second time round. I guess how early you get a BFP depends on when the egg fertilised and implanted.

missybct Wed 25-May-16 08:46:45

I didn't find them that sensitive at all - cheap, yes, but my first positive was on a Superdrug Early Response (which is 10-12iu/L I think, much like First Response) whereas the IC were very slow at picking it up.

PrincessPlod Wed 25-May-16 16:12:09

Interesting...thanks guys

Whatsername17 Wed 25-May-16 19:35:52

I never found them very sensitive at all. I'm a reformed early tester though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now