Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone Levels

(9 Posts)
bakingqueen25 Mon 23-May-16 20:40:22

Hello - I wonder if someone might be able to help?

I have recently had my progesterone level result back from my 21 day test; it came back at 80 which I am hoping is a good result?

I'm now onto day 25; and I'm getting spotting which normally means the witch is on her way.

I guess I'm wondering, is that a normal time frame for my period to start? How can my reading be so high and then a period start four days later?

We've been TTC for over a year now, it feel like trying to solve the most impossible puzzle. Any advice would be great appreciated 😔 xxx

broodypsycho Mon 23-May-16 23:59:57

I honestly don't know but didn't want to read and run. Your level is really good, my level was only 29 and then 31, most doctors want to see 30 above, so I'm on clomid now to hopefully give me a boost.
When I haven't been on clomid I've had spotting for 5 days before af is due. How long are your cycles?

Allium40 Tue 24-May-16 06:43:47

I think prog peaks at around day 21 and then starts dropping from then. How long is your cycle? Mine is around 26 days so I normally ov around day 10.

I use this idiot's guide ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/edexcelpree_2011/electrical/hormonesrev6.shtml

lucylou1234 Tue 24-May-16 12:14:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rainy34 Tue 24-May-16 21:50:10

I had my prog levels checked and one was 27 on day 21 and another month it was 22, I suffer with spotting upto four to seven days before Af shows up, Im on my second month of clomid, they seem to think that i have weak ovulation and thats why my progesterone lowers afterwards!!

lucylou1234 Tue 24-May-16 23:26:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

broodypsycho Wed 25-May-16 21:22:14

lucylou i was only ttc for 7 month and I til the gp I was trying a year so he'd send me for my bloods grin

Rainy34 Wed 25-May-16 21:52:12

Hi Lucy it was a year after we ttc before i went to the doctor and then they checked my levels and got referred

eurochick Wed 25-May-16 21:53:24

Anything above 30 should mean you ovulated, which is the main thing the test is checking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now