Talk

Advanced search

strong positive opk at 6-7dpo??

(24 Posts)
opalescent Sat 21-May-16 09:31:41

Ok I know I need to stop obsessing and just wait till af is due but...
I had a positive clearblue digital on cd 13, and all the physical signs of ovulation.
A week later I have just done a cheapy opk and got this ....why why why?!!!

opalescent Sat 21-May-16 09:32:53

The line on the right is definitely the test line btw...

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 10:06:14

I got my first 'BFP' on an ovulation strip when I pee'd on one that day before my period was due and got a really strong positive.

It was MN who said OPKs can detect pregnancy so advised I go out and buy a HPT, so I did and it was positive.

Go and buy a FRER and good luck!

FuzzyOwl Sat 21-May-16 10:12:50

I think that often your lh does raise before AF as well. In my experience of testing an opk is only strongly positive (much more than your picture) when you have enough hcg for a positive hpt, so it is worth testing now to see if you are pregnant. Otherwise it is possible you did big ovulate when you think you did and your body just geared up to do so.

opalescent Sat 21-May-16 11:00:22

Oh blimey? Is that not a strong positive then fuzzy owl? It's the strongest I've seen? Thanks for your replies ladies, fingers crossed confused

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 11:17:05

It's stronger than anything I've ever had too grin

FuzzyOwl Sat 21-May-16 11:23:33

I know some women say their positives are never quite as strong as the control line so I do think it is dependant on you as much as anything but this was my positive the last time I ovulated and it takes the colour from the control line.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 11:25:40

On my last two cycles (the two after my miscarriage) I had really strong positives on OPKs but never had EWCM whereas this time it seems to be the opposite way round...

opalescent Sat 21-May-16 11:27:02

Wow, yes I see what you mean!!
Ok, I've updated ovia and its gone nuts now that I've put a second positive opk in for the month. sad maybe I need to chuck away the opks and fertility apps and just try to have more regular sex throughout the month.

opalescent Sat 21-May-16 11:30:16

Opks are a bit of a mystery aren't they Writer confused maybe we should be listening to our bodies instead, ewcm is a great sign. I'm
Sorry to hear about your miscarriages flowers

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 11:36:20

Well I've told DH that sex will be on the cards tonight so let TTC commence grin

FuzzyOwl Sat 21-May-16 13:12:31

I've always relied on OPKs to get pregnant and although it has usually take three or four cycles, they have worked for me. Good luck.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 13:52:48

I just got this.

It's gone from a completely blank strip to now this in just over 2.5 hours.

I know it's not a positive yet but it's looking promising!!

opalescent Sat 21-May-16 14:04:05

Oh that's exciting writer! Yes you definitely need to be getting busy this weekend...good luck!!

Osirus Sat 21-May-16 14:10:08

Any line that isn't as strong as the control line is a negative. When I was testing with opks the depth of colour in the line would vary day to day, not become darker as ovulation neared.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 14:11:32

Well that's pissed on my parade then hmm

FuzzyOwl Sat 21-May-16 14:19:48

From my many many months on the ttc boards, some women definitely do not get positives that are as strong as the control line but they ovulate just after ones that are almost as dark and my line does vary from day to day but other women on here have posted pictures of their OPKs over several days and they very clearly gradually get darker until the ovulate.

Good luck opal and writer.

Writerwannabe83 Sun 22-May-16 13:58:43

Have you tested again today Opal?

I got a stronger one this morning, I'm thinking its positive but I may be wrong.

opalescent Sun 22-May-16 20:37:55

I did test again, it was negative. No idea what that was all about, maybe another lh surge before period as people suggested. Also did a pregnancy test which was negative too.. Think I'm out for this month sad af due next Saturday and I don't have any symptoms which I would think could be pg ones.

Your opk today looks much stronger!! Dtd as much as you can this week I'd say, I stopped the first day I got a smiley this month, purely because we had dtd every day leading up to, and I thought we'd be well covered... Wish I'd chucked w couple of extra shags in after ovulating now.

Feel very sad and scared even though this was only my third full cycle. It's so frustrating!!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 22-May-16 21:23:30

I DTD last night, I practically had to force DH into it as he's got a very painful sports injury and the plan was to do it tonight too but I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

I had a really sharp sudden pain on my right hand side about lunchtime today, it actually made me wince and so I wondered if that was ovulation occurring. I did another OPK this evening and the test line was definitely fainter than it was this morning.

I really don't have the energy for sex but I think I will take your suggestions and just crack on with it despite my peak being over - if I don't get a BFP I will always be thinking "Why didn't I just have a few extra shags?!"

Our dinner is in the oven, I might go and see if I can squeeze a quickie out of him before it's cooked grin

opalescent Sun 29-May-16 15:37:59

Okay so an update to this thread- still no idea why I got a positive opk a week after ovulation- but I DID go on to get a bfp a week and a bit later!!smile

meffhead Sun 29-May-16 15:44:28

Congratulations

MrsGsnow18 Sun 29-May-16 16:35:39

Huge congratulations Opalescent!
I had been watching this thread to see if the debate about OPK lines getting gradually darker means nearing ovulation. I then read the instructions on my boots OPKs and turns out if you get a negative after 3 mins you are supposed to wait ten mins to confirm it! Oops! I always time three mins and throw them out confused

opalescent Sun 29-May-16 17:41:53

Thank you ladies, I am over the moon!! MrsG, I spent far too much time puzzling over opks. This month I relented and bought a pack of clearblue digital opks as well as cheapys. I dtd three days running, up to and including the day I got a smiley- it seems to have done the trick!!
Best of luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now