ADVICE PLEASE!!!

(16 Posts)
PrizePork Thu 19-May-16 22:11:35

shock cycle day 40 no period and 10 days late all negative tests any idea or stories to share .. would love baby no3

minniewinnie Thu 19-May-16 22:37:23

Hi, last month I was at cd36 and climbing the walls! AF came on cd37. So far this cycle I've had a positive opk on cd14, so hopefully back to normal 28-29 day cycle this month! I think my irregularity is due to a MC which I had in Jan. Have you been charting your previously cycles? Is this especially long for you?

PrizePork Thu 19-May-16 23:04:51

yes this is long normally go 29-32 days them on but I've had 4 negative tests! sorry to hear about your mc biscuit

Penguin13 Fri 20-May-16 04:24:40

Prize not much advice to offer but feeling your pain. Just posted my own thread as CD39 here and going a bit insane. Usually 30 day cycles for me though not sure how my cycle has changed following DD1 as up till a few months ago had the implant. Hope you find out either way soon!

PrizePork Fri 20-May-16 05:58:28

morning penguin I'm losing sleep over this now woke up at 530 am to test as have been waking up feeling sick I'm 200% sure I am I have all the symptoms accept a positive test maybe I will try again after the weekend. so cycle day 41 welcome confusedconfused

sammylou1 Fri 20-May-16 06:35:31

Hi Prize

You could be one of those people for whom pregnancy tests just don't show up this early, but just to keep your feet on the ground I wanted to share my experience.

I had a cycle where I got to cd43. I had a pos opk on cd13 and NEVER have cycles longer than 30 days. I even went to the doctor (who was useless and just said 'wait a couple more weeks then come bsck')

AF arrived cd43 and some ladies on a long term ttc thread gave me some answers. A positive opk does not mean you have definitely ovulated. It means your body has geared up to ov, but no guarantee an egg was actually popped out. It's completely normal to have 1 or 2 annovulatory cycles a year. Without ov your cycle can get a bit messed up. The only way to know for sure that you ovulated is to track your temperature.

Fx you are pg, but hopefully my experience will help if not. Xx

PrizePork Fri 20-May-16 07:40:51

thanks sammylou

I guess it's just a waiting game now xxx

minniewinnie Fri 20-May-16 08:39:48

Fingers crossed you're one of the 'pregnancy test didn't work for me' crew! keep us updated smile

PrizePork Sat 21-May-16 20:23:24

still no luck xx

Penguin13 Sun 22-May-16 13:27:57

Hey Pork. Keeping an eye to see how you are getting on. Still no AF and no BFP here either - sorry you are in the same boat. Pretty sure I am out so just hoping for AF to hurry up but still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PrizePork Tue 24-May-16 17:10:36

45 days still going strong still negative tests confused

Penguin13 Tue 24-May-16 21:28:27

Oh Pork poor you. AF finally showed for me yesterday which would have been CD42. Hope you get a resolution soon.

PrizePork Tue 24-May-16 22:13:31

I've just done a ovulation test and there is the faintest of lines so maybe skipped my period ???

minniewinnie Wed 25-May-16 21:12:10

Wow penguin! I bet you're glad to get on with s new cycle!

Pork, what is the sensitivity hpt you have been testing with? Missing a period (I thought) was because your pregnancy hormones tell your body to not shed the lining of the womb. I know if someone has extreme weight issues then sometimes periods do cease all together - not sure what other scenarios mean you can miss a period?

PrizePork Thu 26-May-16 07:23:37

I do t have a clue I'm seeing my gp tomorrow hopefully to get some answers as I thought you couldn't ovulate until you had a period. however I have not had one my Ovia app says cycle day 47 and I have had a faint positive ovulation test so I am not sure. pregnancy test was negative I am super confused x

Penguin13 Fri 27-May-16 09:10:53

Good luck at the GP Pork. I hope they can shed some light for you. Let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now